The Student Room Group

Is this the right option???

deleted
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
I'd like an honest answer to this, just take a minute to think about it and truly say why do you think you've underperformed In Biology and Chemistry?
Most medical schools require chemistry a level so I would advice against that if you want to apply for medicine. Will your school not even let you resit modules?
Reply 3
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Most medical schools require chemistry a level so I would advice against that if you want to apply for medicine. Will your school not even let you resit modules?

No, our school is against that. What if I register for a chemistry a2 exam privately within my gap year. And then apply for 2018 entry.
Original post by medaspiring
No, our school is against that. What if I register for a chemistry a2 exam privately within my gap year. And then apply for 2018 entry.

A lot of unis are against you doing A levels over 3 years. I would strongly advice that resitting modules is your best bet
Reply 5
Original post by zayn008
I'd like an honest answer to this, just take a minute to think about it and truly say why do you think you've underperformed In Biology and Chemistry?

At the time of the exams I had my own medical issue. However, regardless I really think I could've done better.
Reply 6
Original post by medaspiring
At the time of the exams I had my own medical issue. However, regardless I really think I could've done better.

That's understandable! Apologies if I made it come across in a bad way, first thing I'd say is make sure you do what you think is best for you because whatever your choice is you can justify it when applying but you can't justify not doing your best!

Personally I think you should try to convince your school to let you do chem, talk with your teachers and parents, I've been in a similar situation with my school but it was because of poor GCSEs they said I'd struggle with the essay content in Politics & Economics but I ended up with an A in both! so push them and convince them and work hard, best of luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest