The Student Room Group

By when do I have to tell my firm choice I don't want to go there this year?

I've got my results and I've met my firm uni offer but I'm thinking of taking a gap year and reapplying next year. Is there a specific date by which I can no longer choose not to go there this year?
Original post by _JOKER_
I've got my results and I've met my firm uni offer but I'm thinking of taking a gap year and reapplying next year. Is there a specific date by which I can no longer choose not to go there this year?

The date will probably depend on the university but for us you can defer any time before you start as long as you have not registered.
Reply 2
Original post by University of Hertfordshire
The date will probably depend on the university but for us you can defer any time before you start as long as you have not registered.

I have met and exceeded my firm's offer, which has changed to unconditional on track. I haven't registered or confirmed anything with my uni. What do you mean by register? Thanks
Registering is like your enrolment with the university, confirms that you are going to be studying with them. My uni sent out an email and I had to log into my student portal to fill in a form. If you are thinking of taking a gap year I think the best thing to do is talk to the university itself and find out from them if they are happy for you to defer your place for a year and if there is anything that you need to do. And I suppose the sooner you tell them the sooner they would be able to offer the place to someone else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending