The Student Room Group

A grade student with U's

Ok so my friend was predicted A's in his AS maths and physics. He failed them both (as from the title) and he wants to do engineering at uni. The 6th form wont keep him for retakes as he basically failed both subjects aaaaand we are trying to sort him out atm. Whats his best option?
perhaps try finding a sixth form at a college and retake the year? Most colleges accept sixth form students from other schools to retake the year :smile:
There's always other colleges, as well as distance learning courses (That's a pricey option, but they won't say no because of the fact that he got Us). :smile:
Original post by mrolegkorol
Ok so my friend was predicted A's in his AS maths and physics. He failed them both (as from the title) and he wants to do engineering at uni. The 6th form wont keep him for retakes as he basically failed both subjects aaaaand we are trying to sort him out atm. Whats his best option?

Why not study BTEC in engineering instead?

Maybe A-levels isn't for him if he got Us.
Reply 4
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Why not study BTEC in engineering instead?

Maybe A-levels isn't for him if he got Us.

I mean he did get an A and a B too but the 2Us messed stuff up

Perhaps your "friend" might want to consider a foundation degree, since your "friend" will likely have a good GCSE background,(if the title is true) it would help on the admissions process. Also, your "friend" might not realise that AS levels don't count toward the final A2 grade (under the new system) so perhaps try and find a college willing to take you, or just study the A2 modules yourself to get the grades, then apply next year.

Good luck to your "friend".
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Perhaps your "friend" might want to consider a foundation degree, since your "friend" will likely have a good GCSE background,(if the title is true) it would help on the admissions process. Also, your "friend" might not realise that AS levels don't count toward the final A2 grade (under the new system) so perhaps try and find a college willing to take you, or just study the A2 modules yourself to get the grades, then apply next year.

There's no need to be a dick about it and to keep saying 'friend'. If it is him then obviously he feels ashamed, and replying like that doesn't help
Original post by manlike99
There's no need to be a dick about it and to keep saying 'friend'. If it is him then obviously he feels ashamed, and replying like that doesn't help

"If it's him"? You're telling me that you think he's genuinely talking about a friend and not someone else? I mean it's pretty obvious it is him, and everyone likely knows it. I merely just added on humour.
"If it's him"? You're telling me that you think he's genuinely talking about a friend and not someone else? I mean it's pretty obvious it is him, and everyone likely knows it. I merely just added on humour.

There's no need anyway that's all I'm saying, I personally didn't find it funny but I don't find Grade very funny recently either so I guess everyone has their own sense of humour
its not funny for you to say ''friend'' everyone messes up in life, if he bounces back from it, its good for him and he is trying to look for help in stead of giving up which is good, plus he might actually be trying to help a friend.

Coming back to the topic, look for a collage which will take you in.. most will. Or since the A and B clearly shows that you are driven, maybe the subjects you got 2 U's in aren't for you.

I myself scored AAAB thank you....... Im just trying to save ones ass
I myself scored AAAB thank you....... Im just trying to save ones ass

Haha, well, I've just never known anyone to know that much detail about another person's academics, that's all.

He should go to his local college and resit there

He should go to his local college and resit there
Haha, well, I've just never known anyone to know that much detail about another person's academics, that's all.

14054210_1487916411234522_8940616059393867256_n.jpg... anyway back to the point..we studied together quite a bit and compared results etc etc so knowing AS, mocks and his goal is hardly tmi mate :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest