The Student Room Group

Cambridge Summer Pool 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hprynne
Me too... for Medicine! Not counting on anything though

I've been put in for medicine too! Good luck! Can I ask what grades you got?
Original post by Poppycharlotte
Which college and what were your grades if you don't mind me asking?🙄
Well done!!

Hey I got AAA when my offer was A*AA.

But I was 2 UMS off in 2 subjects and 4 UMS off in the other so very, very close.
Original post by ilovegoats
Hey I got AAA when my offer was A*AA.

But I was 2 UMS off in 2 subjects and 4 UMS off in the other so very, very close.

I guess you've got a remark? I'm in a really similar position grades wise! What was the college?
I guess you've got a remark? I'm in a really similar position grades wise! What was the college?

I'm going to get remarks but they accepted me prior to this anyway.

Murray Edwards College.
And I wish you all the best; I hope you get in!
I'm going to get remarks but they accepted me prior to this anyway.

Murray Edwards College.
And I wish you all the best; I hope you get in!

UCAS has told me I haven't unfortunately but thank you :frown:
I dunno if my remark comes back showing I did actually meet my offer then what would happen but I doubt they would still take me
I dunno if my remark comes back showing I did actually meet my offer then what would happen but I doubt they would still take me

There'e a certain deadline for submitting remarks for them to change the acceptance/rejection decision, but I can't remember when it is for this cycle off hand....
Maybe @jneill knows......
Reply 26
Original post by vincrows
There'e a certain deadline for submitting remarks for them to change the acceptance/rejection decision, but I can't remember when it is for this cycle off hand....

I'm in the same boat for Christ College, they e-mailed me saying the remark deadline is 31st of August.

Does anyone know If it's possible or how to remark a STEP paper? I was 2 marks off the offer.
Original post by box036
I'm in the same boat for Christ College, they e-mailed me saying the remark deadline is 31st of August.

Does anyone know If it's possible or how to remark a STEP paper? I was 2 marks off the offer.

It's possible.
http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/for-test-takers/step/faqs/
http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/administering-our-tests/useful-documents/
Ahhhh!! Going Homerton for medicine thanks to God

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vincrows

I have a feeling it's the 31st of August but I spoke to Clare on the phone and I can't say they really gave me a straight answer on what would happen if I get the grades next week. I didn't know it was possible for them to even reverse rejections this cycle?
:frown:
Original post by box036

Have they rejected you off UCAS or are they holding it open still?
My offer was A*AA and I got 3 As so missed it, but have sent off for remarks and am very confident that the remarks will go up, if not bringing a grade up to A* they will at least make it even closer. If the remarks mean I do end up getting my required grades could Cambridge still take me even if it says 'unsuccessful application' on UCAS at the moment? Thank you!
Reply 32
Reply 33
Have they rejected you off UCAS or are they holding it open still?

Rejected 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, if you get your remark to go up and you meet your offer then they have a commitment to take you. It just might be the case that you have to defer your entry if the results come back a little too late but if you get the grades then they cannot say no.

All the best of luck xx
Hey, if you get your remark to go up and you meet your offer then they have a commitment to take you. It just might be the case that you have to defer your entry if the results come back a little too late but if you get the grades then they cannot say no.

All the best of luck xx

Thank you - the results should be before the 24th so this still meets the deadline doesn't it? That is however slightly reassuring :smile: well done for getting in xx!

Same 😣 Hopefully the remarks will be what we need!
Reply 37
Congratulations to those who got it!! If I don't hear anything from Cambridge or UCAS by now does that mean I've not been fished?
I haven't heard anything from the Summer Pool yet too. Does this means anything? Are the colleges working on this Saturday and Sunday?
Original post by lihong210
I haven't heard anything from the Summer Pool yet too. Does this means anything? Are the colleges working on this Saturday and Sunday?

I didn't hear anything from them, then I opened ucas track and it said 'unsuccessful'. They also sent an email - if you haven't heard from them and your ucas hasn't changed, that seems quite odd.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending