The Student Room Group

C4 Edexcel exam retake?

So I've got a B in maths overall but a very low E (43 UMS) in my c4 exam. I have gotten into Newcastle University which was my first choice so I'm really pleased, just a little disappointed in myself because if only I got a C or even a D I might have gotten an A overall! Does anyone know if I would be able to retake the C4 exam (for my own personal achievements haha, I've always an A in maths) whilst still doing my Accounting degree? I suspect university exams finish in late May, which would give me a month to really focus on the C4 exam and hopefully got an A overall.
Original post by Nicole97
So I've got a B in maths overall but a very low E (43 UMS) in my c4 exam. I have gotten into Newcastle University which was my first choice so I'm really pleased, just a little disappointed in myself because if only I got a C or even a D I might have gotten an A overall! Does anyone know if I would be able to retake the C4 exam (for my own personal achievements haha, I've always an A in maths) whilst still doing my Accounting degree? I suspect university exams finish in late May, which would give me a month to really focus on the C4 exam and hopefully got an A overall.

I tried something similar for FP2 and it didn't really work out as I needed a really high grade in the exam to get an A* so I kind of have experience with doing what you've said.

It's dangerous because you don't know when the exam will be, though I'm not sure if C4 is always/mostly in June anyway. And university studies come first, but with the best part of a month you could really give it a good shot.

Wish you good luck :tongue:

Don't get me wrong, I would say do it, and you'll probably find it okay and maybe get an A - that would be worth it.
I'm looking to do the same, C4 is always late June so you would be really unlucky for there to be a clash.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending