The Student Room Group

Is BCC enough to apply to universities that require AAB?

I got my AS grades and didn't do as well as I thought i got BCC in Psychology, Business and English Language

I was hoping for at least ABB but still happy I have at least passed. However, I want to apply to Russell Group Universities. Especially, Exeter. That's my goal.

Exeter wants at least A*AA-AAB for the course I want to do which is their Flexible Combined honours of Psychology and Economics. Other universities that provide this course require AAA/AAB/ABB - (Sussex,Keele,Glasgow,Edinburgh)

Do you think I can still apply in 2017 ? Will they let me with these AS grades?
for my AS I got BBCD, and Exeter offered me ABB, the minimum of their grade boundary (AAA-ABB) and I eventually got BBB and got let in. I remember I emailed them about my grades as I was initially predicted ABC, and they simply said that they would just favour those within their grade ranges, but I got an offer anyway
Definitely! There's a whole year to try and get what you like. And to be honest, with those grades now, I think you're on your way already. Just make sure you keep trying your hardest and you'll do it.
Reply 3
Yes.

At AS I got BCC respectively. I applied to some RG unis and had an offer from them even though their entry requirements were ABB. I achieved ABC this year and got accepted into my firm which was ABB.

So yes, it is perfectly feasible that they could give you an offer.
Reply 4
Original post by kingLAWZA
for my AS I got BBCD, and Exeter offered me ABB, the minimum of their grade boundary (AAA-ABB) and I eventually got BBB and got let in. I remember I emailed them about my grades as I was initially predicted ABC, and they simply said that they would just favour those within their grade ranges, but I got an offer anyway

That's great! Gives me some hope :smile:

What course do you do at Exeter? Also, do you mind me asking what you're GCSE grades are? I got a few B's and mostly C's and sort of worried that will affect my chances.
Original post by itsbmc
That's great! Gives me some hope :smile:

What course do you do at Exeter? Also, do you mind me asking what you're GCSE grades are? I got a few B's and mostly C's and sort of worried that will affect my chances.

I got 1 A*, 6A's and 4B's but I highly doubt it was important in making their decision.

I'm going to start Computer Science and Maths :smile: just make sure your personal statement is good as you pretty much have months to do it and make sure teacher references are positive and you will probably get an offer.

I would recommend looking on here and looking at the acceptance rate for your course http://university.which.co.uk/
Reply 6
Original post by KBSc
Yes.

At AS I got BCC respectively. I applied to some RG unis and had an offer from them even though their entry requirements were ABB. I achieved ABC this year and got accepted into my firm which was ABB.

So yes, it is perfectly feasible that they could give you an offer.

That's great that you got to go your firm ! What RG unis did you apply to? Also, do you mind me asking what grades did your teachers predicted you?
Reply 7
Original post by itsbmc
That's great that you got to go your firm ! What RG unis did you apply to? Also, do you mind me asking what grades did your teachers predicted you?

Thanks! I applied to Liverpool and to Birmingham (i had a reduced offer due to A2B) my firm was Liverpool though :smile: I was predicted ABC
Reply 8
I think it's definitely worth applying. I achieved ABBB at AS level and got offers from AAA unis. Obviously then you have to achieve it but if you come close they may still offer you a place.

I would however, apply to some unis that require ABB/BBB to balance it out, but if Exeter is what you are focused on, go for it.
Reply 9
Original post by kingLAWZA
I got 1 A*, 6A's and 4B's but I highly doubt it was important in making their decision.

I'm going to start Computer Science and Maths :smile: just make sure your personal statement is good as you pretty much have months to do it and make sure teacher references are positive and you will probably get an offer.

I would recommend looking on here and looking at the acceptance rate for your course http://university.which.co.uk/

We dont have that much time, it will be January 13th before we even know it.
Kent has an acceptance rate of 38% for compsci, should I still go for it?

Quick Reply

Latest