The Student Room Group

I don't want to go back to Uni for 2nd year. Help?

I don't know what options there are but I'm just so done with my course. Nothing to do with friends or anything like that I have great friends at uni but I see them out of uni anyway now so it's not like I'd be leaving them behind, I just know that I will get so bored of the place if I stay there for another year. And I'll just be accumulating another like £20,000 in debt to do pretty much **** all except all happy uni we are students yay hippy **** I'm just done with it

What other options are there if anyone's been in a similar position? In terms of moving to another Uni in a place better suited to me, or if there are any schemes available for leavers? I'm loooooooooosssssssst
I really dont want to go back too
Whats your course?do you enjoy it? do you want to have a career in that field
Original post by pryngles
I don't know what options there are but I'm just so done with my course. Nothing to do with friends or anything like that I have great friends at uni but I see them out of uni anyway now so it's not like I'd be leaving them behind, I just know that I will get so bored of the place if I stay there for another year. And I'll just be accumulating another like £20,000 in debt to do pretty much **** all except all happy uni we are students yay hippy **** I'm just done with it

What other options are there if anyone's been in a similar position? In terms of moving to another Uni in a place better suited to me, or if there are any schemes available for leavers? I'm loooooooooosssssssst

You could do an apprenticeship. In fact if you're hating uni now, you probably should have done that in the first place and saved yourself the crippling debt. Just saying.
Reply 4
If you're absolutely set on not returning, make sure that both the uni and SF know before the start of the second year. You can go to uni at any time in your life - it isn't a one-shot deal. If you leave before your second year, you will still have enough SF entitlement to do a new degree from scratch later in life, if you ever want to.

I crashed & burned at uni immediately after school and swore I'd never go back. However I did - when I was 44. Had a great time, aced the degree and went on to postgrad. Just because uni isn't right for you now, doesn't mean it won't be in future. Always good to have an option open rather than closed.

Maybe taking some time out now might give some clarity about what you should be doing next. You need to identify exactly what it is about uni that isn't working for you, before you try again. Not sure there's anywhere which could guarantee a total lack of rah-rah hippy ****!
I think you should leave because student finance only gives you 4 years so if you drop out in second year you won't have the option of going to university in the future. I think it's best to take some time to work in a standard job and think about what you want to do before making the next step, whether that's starting a different degree, an apprenticeship or something else

Quick Reply