The Student Room Group

Overwatch thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NathanW18
Also had a pretty good night in competitive. Up to rank 67. 80% win rate with Zarya in competitive atm. I feel like I'm getting too comfortable on Zarya, though. When I'm not playing her or Zenyatta, I feel like I'm not contributing as much as I could be.

My zarya win rate has gone down by 6% over this week, I'm actually not going to play as her with randoms anymore even though she is by far my favourite hero. Before this week was in the top 4% for her on overbuff now top 13%. Going to play as dps characters more when with randoms.
Original post by Vikingninja
My zarya win rate has gone down by 6% over this week, I'm actually not going to play as her with randoms anymore even though she is by far my favourite hero. Before this week was in the top 4% for her on overbuff now top 13%. Going to play as dps characters more when with randoms.

Yeah, it's probably easier to rank up with DPS if playing with randoms. I haven't played competitive while solo queueing.

What's the experience like in solo queue? Do people take team comp seriously and communicate?
I need more practice at this game. I tend to have one good game for every three bad ones. My rank is still around 50 on competitive. :smile:
Lucioball is so fun

What's the experience like in solo queue? Do people take team comp seriously and communicate?

In my experience, most people do care about team comp (everyone wants to win), there are some people who don't care and go off doing their own thing, some people who 'main' a hero and won't change to a different one and some people who don't communicate at all. In my opinion solo queue is sometimes like rolling a dice, you just gotta hope that you've got decent teammates or that the opponents aren't too good/coordinated so you can carry your team.
Original post by Plasmapause
In my experience, most people do care about team comp (everyone wants to win), there are some people who don't care and go off doing their own thing, some people who 'main' a hero and won't change to a different one and some people who don't communicate at all. In my opinion solo queue is sometimes like rolling a dice, you just gotta hope that you've got decent teammates or that the opponents aren't too good/coordinated so you can carry your team.

Nah below high 50's never expect everyone to know composition, had a team who on overtime decided to take 3 flankers and the only direct dps was me as zarya which... doesn't work especially when the flankers keep on dying and when you use a zarya ult the only other guy attacking the enemies is a fanning genji. Starting to drop zarya and go for zenyatta more now because of solo queuing.
I've finally tried competitive in solo queue. I've found it to be a lot easier to rank up solo than playing in a full premade. In a full premade, you get matched with another full premade 95% of the time. You play some really good teams and it can be very difficult to win.

Even in solo queue, people are sticking to the meta for the most part and picking who we need. Teammates have been pretty good, too. No communication, either, except from the dialogue wheel. I went from rank 60-69 in two sessions.

It's probably a lot worse at lower ranks, but solo queue is fine in the 60's.
Reply 147
I've been playing on Xbox One. A lot of teething problems. Really need a full team to do well in ranked. We haven't played an awful lot because of exams, so we're ranked 57-61 as casual players.

I usually play healer as Mercy or Zyenatta or tank as D.va or Reinhardt. I also use Pharah if we need someone for Bastion/turrets.

I was ranked 50th in the world on Xbox One for healing (top 1%) but I've moved down some ranks since I've not played much this week.

I'm looking forward to the changes they're making to the next season. Bye bye coin toss!!
Coin toss is so bad. Really glad they're getting rid of that. Time bank is a much better system.
So ****ING HAPPY that coin toss is being removed. Had a lot of good games where both teams were both equal (actually enjoyable to play) but suddenly a wild coin toss appears for defense... on attacking bias maps. My best game where I got my highest dmg and eliminations (believe around 62 and 23.3k) was one of these really good games where I would be satisfied with losing in the normal rounds because it was a fair game (not being put with idiots who think 3x flankers is a good idea) but it went to sudden death... and it was ****.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey guys got some details for some buffs and nerfs in the next update:

D.Va

Defense Matrix

After being activated, Defense Matrix will begin regenerating following a 1-second delay (formerly .5 seconds)

Hanzo

Hanzo will now experience a 30% decrease in speed while aiming (formerly 40%)

Maximum projectile speed has been increased by 30%

Mei

Blizzard

The Blizzard projectile now pierces barriers

Radius has been increased from 8 meters to 10 meters

McCree

Deadeye

Now drains over a .25-second period (instead of displaying a 50% reduction on the ultimate meter when activated and 0% when confirmed)

Mercy

Caduceus Staff

Healing Beam

Healing-per-second has been increased by 20%

Resurrect

Resurrected allies will be able to maneuver after 2.25 seconds (reduced from 3 seconds)

Genji

Double jump no longer resets when wall climbing

Dash

No longer deals damage to traps like Widowmaker's Venom Mine or Junkrat's Steel Trap

No longer bypasses Junkrat's Steel Trap

Swift Strike

No longer interrupts quick melee attacks

Dragonblade

Duration of Genji's ultimate has been reduced from 8 seconds to 6 seconds

Lúcio

Amp It Up

The boosting of movement speed has been decreased by 30% (from a 100% increase to a 70% increase)

Roadhog

Chain Hook

If the hooked target isn't in Roadhog's line of sight when retracting the hook, they will be moved back to the position where they were originally hooked

Zenyatta

Orb of Discord

The amount of damage amplified by a target with Orb of Discord has been decreased from 50% to 30%

Orb of Destruction

Damage has been increased from 40 to 46

Really looking forward to that mei buff since rheinhardt could easily block it (though I would say that is fair enough) and that new range is ridiculous. I think mei's buff may be a bit too good with going through rheinhardts shield but I guess he ruins so many ults so need a CC one to be able to counter him. Needless to say I'm pretty happy with all of these buffs and nerfs, though zen I was hoping he just got a delay on his discord but meh atleast he does more dmg now.
(edited 7 years ago)

Those D.Va and Hanzo buffs <3
Original post by SuperHuman98
Those D.Va and Hanzo buffs <3

D.Va is getting nerfed not buffed, her shield takes slightly longer before it starts charging.
Genji got hit hard. Not surprised by the nerfs, but damn. Don't like the Hanzo buff, either. Well, mainly due to them reverting the projectile hitbox change. That was a good change. Now he is firing tree trunks again, while the arrows are more like hitscan. There is now zero reason to use Widow.

The rest looks alright.
Genji got hit hard. Not surprised by the nerfs, but damn. Don't like the Hanzo buff, either. Well, mainly due to them reverting the projectile hitbox change. That was a good change. Now he is firing tree trunks again, while the arrows are more like hitscan. There is now zero reason to use Widow.

The rest looks alright.

Damn, no wonder I was starting to think that I finally got good with Hanzo :,(
Original post by SuperHuman98
Damn, no wonder I was starting to think that I finally got good with Hanzo :,(

The change is only on the PTR atm. If you're playing him on the regular servers, you're probably good with him.
The change is only on the PTR atm. If you're playing him on the regular servers, you're probably good with him.

Yessssss

The rest looks alright.

Pretty much the only things widow has above hanzo is her mine can alert her and her gun is scoped + doesn't arc but hanzo doesn't have to worry as much about arcs now. Her ult is pretty crap, hanzo pretty much has a smaller version as a standard skill which is all you need and we don't even need to mention his ult.

When I get home I feel like wanting to Photoshop hanzo with a rocket instead of an arrow with tree trunks from regular show on the end.

I recently started playing mei again and with her buff I'm going to main her on def and koth.
Pretty much the only things widow has above hanzo is her mine can alert her and her gun is scoped + doesn't arc but hanzo doesn't have to worry as much about arcs now. Her ult is pretty crap, hanzo pretty much has a smaller version as a standard skill which is all you need and we don't even need to mention his ult.

When I get home I feel like wanting to Photoshop hanzo with a rocket instead of an arrow with tree trunks from regular show on the end.

I recently started playing mei again and with her buff I'm going to main her on def and koth.

I'm surprised Widow is recieving no buff in this update. She has been F tier since her nerf. She shouldn't be brought back to where she was, but she needs something to make her more viable. I'm not a fan of snipers in most shooters, but she should be at least viable for people that want to play her.

I love Mei as a character, but I hate her kit. I don't like that she's annoying to play against and her low DPS is also not great. She is really good in 1v1's, but you can be more efficient using McCree or Reaper. Still, at least you know you're likely tilting people when playing her.

It was actually nice to see her get some play in the $100,000 tournament. I know Rogue and Reunited played her on Hanamura point A. She may have been played outside of that, but I only saw her there when watching live and recordings on YouTube. The wall is really good when used well. The buff to her ult should also help a lot to get people trapped inside. It has a huge radius now.

Speaking of the tournament, it was such a great watch. Seeing Overwatch played the way it can be by pros is pretty good learning experience. They stay together so much more than you will ever find in pub games and the team fights are over a lot quicker.
(edited 7 years ago)
So which character have you guys played the least of? For me, its Reinhardt, Tracer and Symmetra. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest