The Student Room Group

Russia bans female genital mutilation, jail up to 10 years

A ruling party lawmaker has drafted a bill making female genital mutilation (FGM) a criminal offense in Russia and ordering up to 10 years in prison for those who perform the operation.“Discrimination of women based on religious motives manifested in full or partial amputation of external sex organs must be punished by a prison sentence between five and seven years,” reads the draft prepared by MP Maria Maksakova-Igenbergs.

The same crime committed against an underage person must be punished by a prison sentence between seven and 10 years,” it continues.

the rest in sos

https://www.rt.com/politics/356491-united-russia-mp-drafts-bill/

Scroll to see replies

Islamophobia at work again

religion of peace (tm)
Remember: Women being proud of their sexuality and exposing their bodies for men to enjoy are actually victims of internalised misogyny, because women having a stake in life's most elemental game (the game of sex) is a bad thing. Women wearing burqas or being forced to have their clitorises cut off, or being forced or frightened with the spectre of everlasting hell into veiling themselves, are actually liberated by being forcibly shut off from this game. Trust me. The Gruaniad says so.

[video]https://cdn.theguardian.tv/mainwebsite/2015/06/23/150623hannayusuf_cif_desk.mp4[/video]
Reply 3
Original post by Mathemagicien
What about male genital mutilation, e.g. circumcision?

inb4 cherryred90s "It's hygienic and prevents deceases!"
Reply 4
Male circumcision is allowed because opposing it would be anti-semitism lol

Reply 5

Reply 6

Shouldn't be a thing of course, but no way will it be banned. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't circumcision commanded by the actual religious text while FGM isn't? Not that I think this validates it, but the point is that it seems an integral part of Judaism while FGM is not so integral to Islam (as far as I know).
Also to be fair I imagine the detrimental effects of FGM are worse than that of circumcision
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Shouldn't be a thing of course, but no way will it be banned. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't circumcision commanded by the actual religious text while FGM isn't? Not that I think this validates it, but the point is that it seems an integral part of Judaism while FGM is not so integral to Islam (as far as I know).
Also to be fair I imagine the detrimental effects of FGM are worse than that of circumcision

True it is worse.However you wouldnt randomly cut someones ear lobes off would you?Perhaps thats not a good comparison actually.I cant think of a good comparison maybe the appendix.Both are stupid.
Reply 8
Original post by admonit

Putin and Russia are pro-Iran, pro-Assad. Israel/America/West are the polar opposite. Putin isn't Hitler, he's not going to make the mistakes he made.

Look up the Jewish war on Holy Russia. :smile:

Even in Ukraine, there is a dual Ukrainian-Israeli billionaire who are supporting militant nationalists (yeah the kind who wave swastika's) into killing ethnic-Russians.

Ethnic Russians and Ukrainians are pretty much the same people. They share similar language, culture and genetically there's not much in it either. They are simply a divided people who are being turned against eachother.

There are 'progressive' billionaires like George Soros pushing for a war against Russia and scaring us into believing Russia is our threat, when his groups are helping millions of illegal migrants cross into Europe.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Robby2312
True it is worse.However you wouldnt randomly cut someones ear lobes off would you?Perhaps thats not a good comparison actually.I cant think of a good comparison maybe the appendix.Both are stupid.

Yeah they are. I think both should be banned. Well, FGM outright, circumcision can have medical benefits so should be legal for adults.

Yeah, everybody knows that Jews are stupid. :cool:

Update for stupid people: it was sarcasm. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42

FGM is a cultural thing rather than a religious one. It's utterly disgusting and should be banned.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Bornblue
FGM is a cultural thing rather than a religious one. It's utterly disgusting and should be banned.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's kind of what I thought, that although FGM is practised in some Islamic communities it is not Islamic as such (while circumcision is very much a Jewish practice).
Original post by admonit
Yeah, everybody knows that Jews are stupid. :cool:

Update for stupid people: it was sarcasm. :smile:

Their beliefs are definitely stupid.
Putin is a misogynist ****lord, can't you tell Islam is a religion of feminism?
Original post by HucktheForde
A ruling party lawmaker has drafted a bill making female genital mutilation (FGM) a criminal offense in Russia and ordering up to 10 years in prison for those who perform the operation.“Discrimination of women based on religious motives manifested in full or partial amputation of external sex organs must be punished by a prison sentence between five and seven years,” reads the draft prepared by MP Maria Maksakova-Igenbergs.

The same crime committed against an underage person must be punished by a prison sentence between seven and 10 years,” it continues.

the rest in sos

https://www.rt.com/politics/356491-united-russia-mp-drafts-bill/

FGM is disgusting, man.
Reply 16
Original post by WorzeI
Male circumcision is allowed because opposing it would be anti-semitism lol

Or maybe because it can be medically required in some cases.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Their beliefs are definitely stupid.

Better be a clever person with "definitely stupid beliefs" than a stupid one without. :cool:
Original post by admonit

Except Muslims also practice male circumcision
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Except Muslims also practice male circumcision

But they cannot drink wine with Putin..:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending