The Student Room Group

I've ruined my life , could use advice

Well I've basically ruined all my plans to do an audiology degree as I got BCDU in my as levels. I needed to get ABBB or AABB . Only degrees I like now are Radiography or midwifery But even for that I need BBB predicted grades. my teachers have said they won't predict high than what u got for AS . like honestly. thank u. so much.

Now my only hope is adjustment or gap year. pretty much dissapointed everyone.
Reply 1
Original post by anaighj
Well I've basically ruined all my plans to do an audiology degree as I got BCDU in my as levels. I needed to get ABBB or AABB . Only degrees I like now are Radiography or midwifery But even for that I need BBB predicted grades. my teachers have said they won't predict high than what u got for AS . like honestly. thank u. so much.

Now my only hope is adjustment or gap year. pretty much dissapointed everyone.

Hi :smile: I'm sorry to hear about this :frown: I suppose there are a few options....you *could* retake the year and try and get the better grades, and then as you sad, clearing, gap year etc. Don't worry about who you might have disappointed, focus on yourself. If it doesn't work out you may well find a different course that works out better - my grandma always says that things happen for a reason and she always believes that there's a place out there for everyone. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by erinls2
Hi :smile: I'm sorry to hear about this :frown: I suppose there are a few options....you *could* retake the year and try and get the better grades, and then as you sad, clearing, gap year etc. Don't worry about who you might have disappointed, focus on yourself. If it doesn't work out you may well find a different course that works out better - my grandma always says that things happen for a reason and she always believes that there's a place out there for everyone. :smile:

my school aren't letting me retake and I'm reluctant to go to another as my current school is very good, it's me who messed up
Reply 3
Original post by anaighj
my school aren't letting me retake and I'm reluctant to go to another as my current school is very good, it's me who messed up

Hmmmm that's a tricky situation
You might actually be alright because a lot of the places I'm applying to aren't considering AS level results this year because of the reforms and everyone doing different things, so you could try and find universities that aren't using them this year?

Quick Reply

Latest