The Student Room Group

Bringing a computer to uni

Hey guys!
I built a gaming PC this year and loaded it with programs ready for uni, but now I'm wondering whether to take it or not.
I do have a laptop, but it's pathetically underpowered!
I can insure my computer, but I wanted to know what other people do.
I'm bringing my iMac. Need it for editing & stuff so whatever :smile:
I took my gaming rig + a gt omega racing chair to my first year of uni! and I'll be taking them back next term!
Original post by Programmer97
I took my gaming rig + a gt omega racing chair to my first year of uni! and I'll be taking them back next term!

Now that's the motivation I needed! Thanks dude!
I built my rig about a month ago, I haven't even considered leaving it behind. I'm thinking of using that as my main PC and then buying a cheap Chromebook for portable needs :smile:
Reply 5
Im taking my gaming PC, my speakers, my monitor setup, my macbook, my ergonomic office chair (im not joking but 'gaming chairs' are mostly stupid bs and office chairs are what you want for 8+ hours, STEELCASE LEAAAAP BAAAABY) and my torrents with me to uni.
Original post by InterventionalCT
Hey guys!
I built a gaming PC this year and loaded it with programs ready for uni, but now I'm wondering whether to take it or not.
I do have a laptop, but it's pathetically underpowered!
I can insure my computer, but I wanted to know what other people do.

Hello :smile:

Do it! People bring Wii's, PS2's, PS3'S and PS4's, as well as Xbox's and other game consoles - people bring all types of things.

If you've built it and loaded it up with games for university you should definitely take it! :biggrin:
Reply 7
I'm taking my rig to game and been advised the following:

Original post by TheCyanNinja
I built my rig about a month ago, I haven't even considered leaving it behind. I'm thinking of using that as my main PC and then buying a cheap Chromebook for portable needs :smile:

Chromebook for portability, simple work and using drive :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest