The Student Room Group

My first Telephone interview ....please give me advice/tips

Any tips.... its my first telephone interview

what should i be looking at?
No idea what's the context. Could be clearing. Well, the main thing is that you sound confident and know what you're talking about. Be firm but not forceful. Speak clearly and eloquently. Don't forget to relax and have a cuppa before it starts.

I'd keep my mug clenched with my other hand while I'm on the phone. Something about the warmth is very reassuring to me.

Also, I know this is obvious, but they can't see you! I would think of this as an advantage and be very relaxed. I wouldn't be all that worried about my visual presentation and put all my focus into the conversation.
Reply 2
Original post by mr.purplelambkin
No idea what's the context. Could be clearing. Well, the main thing is that you sound confident and know what you're talking about. Be firm but not forceful. Speak clearly and eloquently. Don't forget to relax and have a cuppa before it starts.

I'd keep my mug clenched with my other hand while I'm on the phone. Something about the warmth is very reassuring to me.

Also, I know this is obvious, but they can't see you! I would think of this as an advantage and be very relaxed. I wouldn't be all that worried about my visual presentation and put all my focus into the conversation.

thanks... im so nervous !!! trying to think what they will ask me
Original post by Mannys
thanks... im so nervous !!! trying to think what they will ask me

What is it? If it's a job interview, then I hope you've researched them. If it's clearing, then you need to chill and be positive.
Reply 4
Original post by mr.purplelambkin
What is it? If it's a job interview, then I hope you've researched them. If it's clearing, then you need to chill and be positive.

its for a grad scheme stages are :

- Application
-Tests
-phone interview
-Assessment centre

i have the phone interview in a few days... can you recommend on what i should be looking for and how to impress the interviewer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending