The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Surii97
Hey, I'm studying Land Economy at Homerton!

Hey, cool nice to meet you!
any internationals if so where are you from
Original post by Axiomara
any internationals if so where are you from

Im from Pakistan! What about you?
Any engineers here?
Reply 3584
Original post by liamm691
Anyone heard anything yet who's been pooled?

Yup. I got an email from Peterhouse for maths at quarter to 4 offering me a place :smile: I'm over the moon. Track still hasn't updated though...
(edited 7 years ago)
Omg!! I've been fished from the pool! Medicine at Homerton college

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3586
Original post by Medic_12345

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lucky you. I think medics at Homerton get to go in the new accommodation which is opening this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice!
What grades did you get ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alow
Lucky you. I think medics at Homerton get to go in the new accommodation which is opening this year.

What do mathmos get?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
What do mathmos get?
Posted from TSR Mobile

The library
Reply 3590
What do mathmos get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

West House.

Original post by Mathemagicien
The library

Bants.
Original post by alow
West House.

Bants.

Cheers.
Is it good?
How many peopel do you share a kitchen with?
Can i bring a minifridge?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3592
Cheers.
Is it good?
How many peopel do you share a kitchen with?
Can i bring a minifridge?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's alright. The desks are pretty big and all rooms are ensuite, underfloor heating, gigabit networking, etc. It's not the most modern but compared to what some people get it's really good.

I think it's around 10 people you share a gyp room with (they're legally not kitchens because too many people share them, so they don't have an oven).

Unless you have medication that needs to be chilled you can't have a minifridge, also you're not allowed anything that heats food that isn't provided (although this doesn't matter as long as you don't get caught).
Original post by alow
It's alright. The desks are pretty big and all rooms are ensuite, underfloor heating, gigabit networking, etc. It's not the most modern but compared to what some people get it's really good.

I think it's around 10 people you share a gyp room with (they're legally not kitchens because too many people share them, so they don't have an oven).

Unless you have medication that needs to be chilled you can't have a minifridge, also you're not allowed anything that heats food that isn't provided (although this doesn't matter as long as you don't get caught).

Around 10 for a gyp? That's quite a lot.
How many cookers and fridges does it have?
Reply 3594
Original post by vincrows
Around 10 for a gyp? That's quite a lot.
How many cookers and fridges does it have?

It was 11 in my second year in a different accommodation block.

One 4 ring hob, one fridge.
Original post by alow
It was 11 in my second year in a different accommodation block.

One 4 ring hob, one fridge.

Gosh, that will give you fantastic training in negotiation and people skills! :biggrin:
At a college my daughter was a gyp on the main site accomm for first and second years were share with eight people and it had a cooker like yours and two fridges to share. I've heard similar situation in some other colleges, so I'd been thinking that's a sort of average gyp situation at Cambridge.

Having said that, I've heard the accommodation quality at Homerton in general is quite good.
Reply 3596
Original post by vincrows
Gosh, that will give you fantastic training in negotiation and people skills! :biggrin:
At a college my daughter was a gyp on the main site accomm for first and second years were share with eight people and it had a cooker like yours and two fridges to share. I've heard similar situation in some other colleges, so I'd been thinking that's a sort of average gyp situation at Cambridge.

Having said that, I've heard the accommodation quality at Homerton in general is quite good.

Yeah the rooms are better than most but the kitchens aren't great. Thankfully it seems like most people can't be bothered to cooks and just eat ready meals!

I think this year I'm sharing with 6 people in the newer accommodation block which should be much better.
Nice!
What grades did you get ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A*AA when I needed A*A*A
Can't believe I'm still going, hasn't sunk in at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alow

Woo! The good news keeps on coming 😝

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3599
Woo! The good news keeps on coming 😝

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not 100% certain but that seemed to be what people were saying about it.

Latest

Trending

Trending