The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

No unconditional offer after 2 days for sheffield university

Missed offer by 1 grade for EEE at sheffield University but got an A for my EPQ.Lucas Track has not been updated. Just fed up now. How much longer will I have to wait?
Reply 1
Original post by RyCheltenham
Missed offer by 1 grade for EEE at sheffield University but got an A for my EPQ.Lucas Track has not been updated. Just fed up now. How much longer will I have to wait?

Best idea would be to call the uni in question and ask them whats going on.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by Vitzeno
Best idea would be to call the uni in question and ask them whats going on.

This ^

My offer was confirmed yesterday morning, make sure to talk to them asap :smile:
Reply 3
[QUOTE="Vitzeno;67070894"]Best idea would be to call the uni in question and ask them whats going on.[/QUOTE

I have been calling continuously for 2 days now. They said it might be Monday before I find out & if I am not offered a place I want to go to clearing for York which is accepting 3Bs. According to UCAS I can't go to clearing as I have not been unsuccessful yet. I'm just in Limbo Land. School at telling me it's Edexcel's fault. Yesterday I sent a hard copy of my results to Sheffield, as requested by them & so did my school & I was told that Track would be updated by 6pm yesterday. Still no news. Have been told that they are spending Friday & the weekend updating Track. I just want to know if I have a place one way or the other.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Elastichedgehog
This ^

My offer was confirmed yesterday morning, make sure to talk to them asap :smile:

What grades did you get & did you do Edexcel Maths?
What grades did you get & did you do Edexcel Maths?

I did not, applied to Psych, but I got AAAC :smile: Try not to worry, just make sure you speak to someone.
Reply 6
I did not, applied to Psych, but I got AAAC :smile: Try not to worry, just make sure you speak to someone.

Thanks-I'm just worried if I don't get a place at Sheffield, all of the places at York will be gone before I got to clearing, as my insurance choice was Hull, but I don't want to go there. Have made at least 10 calls to Sheffield & UCAS in the last 2 days & still no further forward. I don't understand why they can't just tell me over the phone, as they gave confimatiom of all my results. It's very frustrating.
Thanks-I'm just worried if I don't get a place at Sheffield, all of the places at York will be gone before I got to clearing, as my insurance choice was Hull, but I don't want to go there. Have made at least 10 calls to Sheffield & UCAS in the last 2 days & still no further forward. I don't understand why they can't just tell me over the phone, as they gave confimatiom of all my results. It's very frustrating.

If they haven't down right rejected you then there's still hope I'm sure! Ask for help on the Sheffield University thread on TSR perhaps?
Reply 8

Is there anyone out there with an Unconditional Electronic & Electrical Engineering with a year in industry offer at all?
Reply 9
If they haven't down right rejected you then there's still hope I'm sure! Ask for help on the Sheffield University thread on TSR perhaps?

Thank you- I will try again tomorrow. Thought I'd have an offer at 8am yesterday, lol
Got my unconditional offer for Sheffield today, so just waiting to hear is I have my first choice of accommodation. All good now. Thanks for your support.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending