The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Memphis is nowhere to be seen.... *fraud*
If Zlatan wins the PL though, and scores 25+ goals in the league, surely he has the most complete CV of strikers of all time?
Original post by swirly
If Zlatan wins the PL though, and scores 25+ goals in the league, surely he has the most complete CV of strikers of all time?

Yupp! I'm hoping he outscores Aguero and Kane this season (one can only dream)! I believe in him though :biggrin:
Original post by trapking
Yupp! I'm hoping he outscores Aguero and Kane this season (one can only dream)! I believe in him though :biggrin:

Kane was a 2 season wonder ffs

And aguero's hamstrings wont last unless Pep gets him on those good old Ariza shakes
Reply 2504
Original post by jam277.75
Potentially the worst opinion of 2016, and we've got Donald ****ing Trump running for damn president.

Pogba, Zlatan both magnificent. The latter just loves to steal the headlines doesn't he? All the talk about Pogba's home debut and everybody forgot about him. Martial was good in flashes, drifted in and out of the game and not really enough touches close to the box. Rooney had an excellent game, played fluidly with Pogba and his cross was a worldy. Still some problems with team selection though. Mata on the wings doesn't work for me, I know he's useful for ball recycling and freeing up the wing for Tony to run onto but he slows our transitions down. With Ibra playing as a target man, I'd rather have Mkhi start on the wing and get more in behind, and he could play off Zlatan. No more ****ing Fellaini btw, get Morgs in there.

Na Rooney shouldn't be starting. Great cross from him and I guess he has individual quality which can create goals but he slows down attacks by not being positive and deciding to play lateral/backwards when under pressure.

I think you lot currently look like a team of individuals until you score, a lot of player are very good individually though. I think it's clear what Mourinho is trying to do with the team though. Got the team defending deep and narrow and pressing for short periods. The aim is literally to score a goal then hit on counters.

Either way it's points on the board but I doubt you'll win the title playing like this for most of the season. Ibra might try do an RVP 2012 but the competition across the league are obviously stronger than they were back then with the money pumped in the prem.

Fellaini is in there for his height but I think when europa league starts United will start playing a clear first team as Mourinho will rotate and see who's good or not. He did the same at Chelsea when he came in 2013. He rarely makes more than 2 changes in a side per match unless it's a cup match of less importance.
(edited 7 years ago)
Rooney and Fellaini shouldn't be starting. However Rooney always manages to get up every managers arse and Mourinho loves a tall midfielder (such as Matic at Chelsea).
If Smalling and Bailly establish themselves as a partnership the spine of our side will be obscenely tall
Reply 2507
Original post by Louis.
If Smalling and Bailly establish themselves as a partnership the spine of our side will be obscenely tall

Yeah, I said this, I think Mourinho is doing that on purpose cos he can use the aerial threat when he is struggling to create chances(like most Mourinho teams other than Real Madrid).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Yeah, I said this, I think Mourinho is doing that on purpose cos he can use the aerial threat when he is struggling to create chances(like most Mourinho teams other than Real Madrid).

Sorry bro, stopped reading when you said this...

Original post by bammy jastard 27
The aim is literally to score a goal
Very happy with tonight! Much better than last year home games- WE SCORED A FIRST HALF GOAL!!!

No player particularly stands out as being the star player, saying that no one stands out as having a poor game. Which is quite a good thing because everyone seemed to play well!

Pogba played well considering he hasn't had a proper pre-season, hopefully he'll improve as he gets more minutes!

Obviously we could have preformed better, there were some parts of the match when we weren't great, but we did defend well in them cases! There was a phase of the game where we played really, really well. I think it was around the 60th min!

Overall, I am very happy! Before the season started I thought it was near impossible for United to win the league, now I think it is a real possibly!
Martial's form worrying atm - probably the after effects of a Euros in which Deschamps didn't show much confidence in him and things going on in his personal life but he will come good, for sure. Valencia and Shaw really playing a big role in our attacks, former's even taking players on! I still don't see Rooney being in the team helping them from an attacking sense despite his cross and what was, an improvement in performance from last Sunday. Once Mkhitaryan is fit, him behind Zlatan would be good to try out. Mata will get dropped eventually.
Original post by Aky786UK
Martial's form worrying atm

Oh no, you might have to play Mkhitaryan instead.... :colonhash:
Martial will be fine as long as Mourinho doesn't want to make an example of someone early on.
Reply 2513
Original post by Louis.
Sorry bro, stopped reading when you said this...

Football is more than just scoring goals, sometimes to win a football match you don't need to score you just need possession. Ask Pep.
I hope the anti fellaini brigade will pipe down after that performance
Original post by damidude

Yes because one game makes a consistently terrible player amazing again...

I agree he can do well under Mourinho but it wasn't many months ago that most fans were praying for him to stay away from your first team.
Imagine where we would be if we still had Moyes.

Whoever wasn't Moyes Out should be ashamed of themselves.
Original post by damidude

Schneiderlin-Pogba

French duo init
Original post by Louis.

#MakeUnitedTallandBlackAgain
Original post by Aky786UK
Martial's form worrying atm - probably the after effects of a Euros in which Deschamps didn't show much confidence in him and things going on in his personal life but he will come good, for sure. Valencia and Shaw really playing a big role in our attacks, former's even taking players on! I still don't see Rooney being in the team helping them from an attacking sense despite his cross and what was, an improvement in performance from last Sunday. Once Mkhitaryan is fit, him behind Zlatan would be good to try out. Mata will get dropped eventually.

He played well v Bmouth and played well today, obviously he's not going to see the ball as much because last year our tactic was to "pass it to Martial", now we are a more complete team. His form is fine, he is running at people and causing havoc and is just a matter of time before he clicks with Ibra and Pogba. :smile:

Latest