The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9600
Maths A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A
this is actually really surprising for me because phy is supposed to be my best subject, and tbh i performed very well in u5 and u6, but got 80% for u4
anyone else really excited to finally move away for university, away from all the people who micromanage you 24/7?! :biggrin:
i hope london pollution doesn't set back my life expectancy by a few decades, though
Original post by SH0405
Oh nice, where are you off to?

University of Edinburgh 😁
Reply 9603
Original post by tanyapotter
anyone else really excited to finally move away for university, away from all the people who micromanage you 24/7?! :biggrin:
i hope london pollution doesn't set back my life expectancy by a few decades, though

Same!!! Not that I hate my family I just can't wait to be independent
If you don't mind me asking what course did you apply for because I wasnt aware that Oxford does foundation year degree courses!
Is anybody going to Bishop Grosseteste?
Original post by JohnGreek
Got into LSE today, but with results a bit lower than expected. Oh well - onwards and upwards!

@JodieHarriett18 @Antigone How did you guys fare?

I got A*A*A :smile: What degree are you doing?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bdotjelly
no I actually applied to Oxford for a foundation year programme which was launched this year
I got the offer from oxford but it wasnt through UCAS
Oxford told me to ring them with my grades and the grades they asked me for are pretty similar to what my firm wanted.. all my offers were conditional both on and Off UCAS
I dont even want to go to my firm, I was meant to take a gap year but the foundation year opportunity came

this is why i really need good grades so I can take up my Oxford offer

So that being said, does your insurance AUTOMATICALLY reject you if you got into your firm choice university?? or does this mean i got bad grades? :frown:

I didnt know Oxford did a foundation year degree, what course did you apply for?
Has anyone here not declared their 4th AS Level on their UCAS form and got away with it?
I got AAB in my AS Levels which I AM SOO GASSED for, but unfortunately I got an E in my 4th one - is it worth declaring?
Original post by O$car
Maths A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A
this is actually really surprising for me because phy is supposed to be my best subject, and tbh i performed very well in u5 and u6, but got 80% for u4

Hi, well done on your results! I was just wondering if you could share some key things that you did in order to achieve your a* in maths? Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!
Reply 9610
Original post by metaljoe
Hi, well done on your results! I was just wondering if you could share some key things that you did in order to achieve your a* in maths? Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

make sure you summon all your attention on c3 and c4, just ignore other units. I was lucky enough that I only needed to score a minimum of 30% on my s1 to get an a*. Make sure you dont make any mistakes and practice spotting errors (i recommend playing minesweeper)
Original post by Kyle1198
Has anyone here not declared their 4th AS Level on their UCAS form and got away with it?
I got AAB in my AS Levels which I AM SOO GASSED for, but unfortunately I got an E in my 4th one - is it worth declaring?

I dont think you will get away with it.
Firstly your school checks all your **** and matches it with statement of results before being approved and sent off.
Then when you get into a uni they will check your certificates and since certifcates share results on the same board if that subject has the same bord as any of the other ones they will see you didnt declare it have thenpower to rescind your place.
Basically, don't do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by O$car
make sure you summon all your attention on c3 and c4, just ignore other units. I was lucky enough that I only needed to score a minimum of 30% on my s1 to get an a*. Make sure you dont make any mistakes and practice spotting errors (i recommend playing minesweeper)

Thanks bro, I appreciate the advice!
Congrats :smile: Law - just remembered you from the Offer Holders' thread

Thank you! Congrats too! Would you like to join the law group chat?
Original post by physicsmaths
I dont think you will get away with it.
Firstly your school checks all your **** and matches it with statement of results before being approved and sent off.
Then when you get into a uni they will check your certificates and since certifcates share results on the same board if that subject has the same bord as any of the other ones they will see you didnt declare it have thenpower to rescind your place.
Basically, don't do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think you have to declare it if it's a fail? Is an E a fail?
Original post by JodieHarriett18

E is techhnically a pass.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9616
Original post by JodieHarriett18

E is a low pass.. but it is still a pass nevertheless.
Reply 9617
Quoted myself.. Sorry.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'll see if I can dig up my old Whatsapp account :3 I'll send you my profile name in a sec

Okie dokie :smile: we have Facebook as well if that's better but we don't really use it as much as whatsapp
Original post by AmyPilot
Just wanted to say congrats! After all the changes regarding your course choice and the worry and stress around exams and results it's good to see you sorted and happy! Really hope all goes brilliant from here on - good luck :smile:

And on a general note - well done to everyone - you survived the dreaded results day!!! Wishing you good luck in the next phase.

Thank you 😊 I'm sooooo happy! Everything was worth it.

Quick Reply

Latest