The Student Room Group

The hero of United Kingdom

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JamesN88

The £350 million was a lie but it is actually more than that, around 367 million pounds a week. And it's growing with all the Eurozone bail outs coming down the line. So there will be plenty of money to go to farmers, scientists, and the NHS and other priorities.

[video="youtube;Sz2tvnVM6oA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz2tvnVM6oA[/video]

As said above (2014 yearly statistics):

£55 million a day to the EU as a gross contribution.

£21 million a day comes back to UK in rebates

The NET figure is £34 million per every single day.
= Around £10-12 billion a year

^^^ That is f**king way too much and it should be spent on our own priorities and our own people.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Naveed-7
The £350 million was a lie but it is actually more than that, around 367 million pounds a week. And it's growing with all the Eurozone bail outs coming down the line. So there will be plenty of money to go to farmers, scientists, and the NHS and other priorities.

[video="youtube;Sz2tvnVM6oA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz2tvnVM6oA[/video]

As said above:

= Around £10 billion a year

^^^ That is f**king way too much and it should be spent on our own priorities and our own people.

You said it was £12 billion that we'd save on the other page?

Based on current events any fiscal gains from leaving will be cancelled out by the problems it creates.

I don't think we're doomed(and never subscribed to any of that nonsense) but the promised land that Leave were pitching doesn't exist.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 22

As said above:

= Around £10-12 billion a year

No. You're wrong.
ukseumembership-graph.png

This graph also doesn't include the EU spending within the private sector i.e. research grants which, in 2013, were estimated at £1.4bn. So it's more like £7bn a year. I honestly believe it'll be far more likely that the British government will simply erase the amount it spends on the EU from its pink book to meet its deficit promises.
Reply 23
Can't barrage the Farage!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Petrue
No. You're wrong.
ukseumembership-graph.png

I wasnt wrong. The figures that I gave were from UK's payments to EU in 2014.

In 2015, it is said to be £8.5 billion payed to the EU.

All of these costs are still very large numbers of money which have unneccessarily been payed to the EU which cannot be ignored.

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 25
I wasnt wrong. The figures that I gave were from UK's payments to EU in 2014.

In 2015, it is said to be £8.5 billion payed to the EU.

All of these costs are still very large numbers of money which have unneccessarily been payed to the EU which cannot be ignored.

You were wrong not to include EU spending within the UK: we're talking net figures here.

Yes, £8.5bn (inc. rebate+public investment), then you can subtract the £1.4bn+ given by the EU in research grants to the private sector. Making a net of ~£7bn.

'large numbers of money'. These numbers are dwarfed by the scale of the UK's welfare state. We spend £100bn+ on pensions and the welfare system each so *£7bn* is pocket change to the UK government: Labour spent three times the *net* EU membership fee on failed IT systems alone.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Petrue
You were wrong not to include EU spending within the UK: we're talking net figures here.

Yes, £8.5bn (inc. rebate+public investment), then you can subtract the £1.4bn+ given by the EU in research grants to the private sector. Making a net of ~£7bn.

'large numbers of money'. These numbers are dwarfed by the scale of the UK's welfare state. We spend £100bn+ on pensions and the welfare system each so *£7bn* is pocket change to the UK government: Labour spent three times the *net* EU membership fee on failed IT systems alone.

That is not a good enough reason for us to give away control of our £55 million a day to the EU. All of this money that you think is "pocket change" can help the NHS and our public services greatly.

[video="youtube;_MBksG91CDw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MBksG91CDw[/video]
Original post by yungaheartz
naveed? muslim? no offence but I never thought I'd see the day where a Muslim would call Farage a 'hero'... :rofl:

Yes Im a muslim. Why wouldnt I support Farrage?

Nigel Farage just wants to regain control of our borders, be able to govern ourselves, take control of our money and gain our independence.

Nigel Farage is not a racist. He has said many times that UK and EU should get their troops out of Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, etc and stop bothering other countries.
For goodness sake.
Reply 29
That is not a good enough reason for us to give away control of our £55 million a day to the EU. All of this money that you think is "pocket change" can help the NHS and our public services greatly.

So you believe the EU has mis-spent the money we gave it?

Yes, splitting £7bn between National Health (£143bn), State Education (£85bn), Social Security (£113bn) and Transport (£28bn) will obviously help "our public services greatly". Johnson, May, Dunne et al. haven't, as far as I recall, got any kind of track record of calling for more funds for the NHS.

What are your thoughts on the UK joining the EFTA/EEU?
(edited 7 years ago)
An ignorant youngster :facepalm2:

Why is he a rat? Do you know him personally?

"He was a massive hero to UK. He fought the establishment for 20 years to get us a referendum so that we can leave the EU, take back control of our laws, take back control of our fishing, save £12 billion a year so that we can spend some of it on the NHS and be able to have the freedom to trade with countries like Australia, China, Japan, America, India, Qatar, New Zealand, etc etc"

I'm older than you and I too think he's a tool. Using your own logic, you are an "ignorant youngster" just saying
Original post by The_Internet
I'm older than you and I too think he's a tool. Using your own logic, you are an "ignorant youngster" just saying

My logic consisted of many good reasons why Nigel Farage was a hero.

You have called Nigel Farage a tool and you have called me ignorant. But you have not said any reasons why.
(edited 7 years ago)
My logic consisted of many good reasons why Nigel Farage was a hero.

You have called Nigel Farage a tool and you have called me ignorant. But you have not said any reasons why.

Oh I could go on, but Im watching a movie.. Any how, I was using your own logic. How dare you say to someone that they're ignorant just because they're a little bit younger than you
Original post by retro_turtles
what a rat

He's not a rat, he is a member of a species known as human.

Do you seriously not understand the difference between a human and a rat?
A guy called 'Naveed' supports Farage? Lol wtf
Oh I could go on, but Im watching a movie.. Any how, I was using your own logic. How dare you say to someone that they're ignorant just because they're a little bit younger than you

Using my logic?
What is so ignorant about this? :

What is ignorant about taking back control of our laws, taking back control of our fishing, regaining self government sovereignty, saving £12 billion a year so that we can spend some of it on the NHS and be able to have the freedom to trade with countries like Australia, China, Japan, America, India, Qatar, New Zealand???

If someone calls a man a "rat" without having a reason, or without knowing the man's work/history very very well, then the attacker is considered ignorant.

[video="youtube;1pGOzhhOAF8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pGOzhhOAF8&list=PLLoLqhzxDY2A2TK_83tJIpDtXp hFeNcpM[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 36

What is ignorant about taking back control of our laws, taking back control of our fishing, regaining self government sovereignty, saving £12 billion a year so that we can spend some of it on the NHS and be able to have the freedom to trade with countries like Australia, China, Japan, America, India, Qatar, New Zealand???

If someone calls a man a "rat" without having a reason, or without knowing the man's work/history very very well, then the attacker is considered ignorant.

Did you read my reply earlier in the thread?
(edited 7 years ago)
Using my logic?
What is so ignorant about this? :

[video="youtube;1pGOzhhOAF8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pGOzhhOAF8&list=PLLoLqhzxDY2A2TK_83tJIpDtXp hFeNcpM[/video]

Your logic was to call someone younger than you ignorant, JUST because they're younger than you, and had a different view to you.I'm simply using your own logic.. You don't like that for some reason
Your logic was to call someone younger than you ignorant, JUST because they're younger than you, and had a different view to you.I'm simply using your own logic.. You don't like that for some reason

I repeat: If someone calls a man a "rat" without having a reason, or without knowing the man's work/history very well, then the attacker is considered ignorant.
I repeat: If someone calls a man a "rat" without having a reason, or without knowing the man's work/history very well, then the attacker is considered ignorant.

You called someone ignorant just cos they were younger than you... sorry but it doesn't wash

Quick Reply

Latest