The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've got into York to study History! Very excited!
University of York
York
Hi everyone ! Congrats on getting into York ! I'm really happy because I applied from France. I am staying at James College, shared bathroom, catered, 40 weeks. If anyone wants to swap, I would love an ensuite room, the location doesn't matter that much to me.
:smile:
Hey guys, going to be studying natural science (archaeology, biology, chemistry, and environment)!
Reply 23
Original post by James_mc
Hey guys, going to be studying natural science (archaeology, biology, chemistry, and environment)!

I'll probably see you in Archaeology then! :h:
Original post by neriine
I'll probably see you in Archaeology then! :h:

I'm sure you will! really looking forward to starting :smile:
Simultaneously pleased and baffled that I got accepted onto the Electronic Engineering programme. I look forward to being the resident old man in all of my social circles.
Reply 26
Original post by 97Y
That's what I thought and then I realised first term is thermodynamics!

that was what I enjoyed most during A-level :colondollar:
are you more interested in the content in later terms?
Reply 27
Original post by alc6
that was what I enjoyed most during A-level :colondollar:
are you more interested in the content in later terms?

Yes! Inorganic molecules, although I am just excited about chemistry in general. A massive geek and proud. I loved the ligand exchange reactions 😄 I am not looking forward to NMR nor medicinal Chem
Reply 28
If anyone wants to swap for a 40 week self-catered room with shared bathroom in Halifax I would be so grateful. I have a lot of anxiety about not having my own bathroom and even though I've called they won't help me. Even been to the doctor for a letter but he can't see me until Thursday and they asked for proof by Monday or they won't do anything.

Desperately seeking self-catered ensuite haha.
Reply 29
Original post by Polly808
Hi! Got into York today, so excited, but really disappointed about getting my 7th choice accommodation. If anyone is on Hes East (would really love Langwith) and wants to be on Hes West I am looking to swap. I have a ensuite, catered room in James, 40 weeks.

Thanks!

Hello!

Would you be interested in a place at Derwent college for 40 weeks, shared and self catered? I would be delighted to swap :smile:
Original post by gofios
Hello!

Would you be interested in a place at Derwent college for 40 weeks, shared and self catered? I would be delighted to swap :smile:

Sorry I'm looking for something on Hes East. Hope you are able to swap though!
Reply 31
Original post by 97Y
Yes! Inorganic molecules, although I am just excited about chemistry in general. A massive geek and proud. I loved the ligand exchange reactions 😄 I am not looking forward to NMR nor medicinal Chem

Sounds like we're opposites then; ligands have always been my weak point. Know what you mean about geeking out though, I was so overexcited during the lab tour I took:cute:
Reply 32
Original post by tesa
I've got into York to study History! Very excited!

Me too!
Reply 33
Original post by At1045
Me too!

Omg yay! You are the first person I've "met" who is also studying History. Which is your college?
Reply 34
Original post by tesa
Omg yay! You are the first person I've "met" who is also studying History. Which is your college?

I'm still waiting on that unfortunatly. I got an offer from Langwith but it was for 51 weeks and not affordable :colonhash:
What's your college?
Reply 35
Original post by At1045
I'm still waiting on that unfortunatly. I got an offer from Langwith but it was for 51 weeks and not affordable :colonhash:
What's your college?

I'm in Halifax college. Not very near to the History lectures but oh well. I didn't really have much choice on the college. Langwith I think is on Heslington East which is a bit far from the History department anyway.
Reply 36
Original post by tesa
I'm in Halifax college. Not very near to the History lectures but oh well. I didn't really have much choice on the college. Langwith I think is on Heslington East which is a bit far from the History department anyway.

I'm used to walking far for sixth form so the walk wouldn't bother me as it would some people.
What type of room do you have? I'm really hoping for en suite :s-smilie:
Reply 37
Original post by At1045
I'm used to walking far for sixth form so the walk wouldn't bother me as it would some people.
What type of room do you have? I'm really hoping for en suite :s-smilie:

hahahaha I'm also used to walking all the way to school which could take up to 30 mins or more. It's probably the summer holidays that have made me lazy! :colondollar:
I'll have to get back into walking again, it seems! I'm shared bathroom... I wanted en suite but it didn't work that way. However I've looked online and it seems that the shared bathrooms are cleaned regularly so it's not the end of the world I guess :s-smilie: It certainly gets you out of your room haha
Reply 38
Original post by tesa
hahahaha I'm also used to walking all the way to school which could take up to 30 mins or more. It's probably the summer holidays that have made me lazy! :colondollar:
I'll have to get back into walking again, it seems! I'm shared bathroom... I wanted en suite but it didn't work that way. However I've looked online and it seems that the shared bathrooms are cleaned regularly so it's not the end of the world I guess :s-smilie: It certainly gets you out of your room haha

Yeah and some of the rooms I had as my choices you only share with 2-3 people which I can handle!
I'm sooooo excited, York is so beautiful :u:
Reply 39
Original post by At1045
Yeah and some of the rooms I had as my choices you only share with 2-3 people which I can handle!
I'm sooooo excited, York is so beautiful :u:

I'm in a house with about 12 people..I hope there's more than one bathroom! :biggrin:
I am really excited too. I spend all day looking up uni stuff. York is lovely..we are very lucky to study in this city. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest