Scroll to see replies

Original post by bradnom
Decision maths

And no, literally scraped the B

What did he do to improve his grade?
Reply 21
Original post by geography1294
What did he do to improve his grade?

Did lots of past papers (and Solomon papers), tracking the grade improvement and learning from the mistakes.
Original post by bradnom
Did lots of past papers (and Solomon papers), tracking the grade improvement and learning from the mistakes.

I did all the past papers and still only ended up with a C
Please help guys

Hi I got a C at AS maths with 72 UMS in C1, 60 UMS in c2 and 72 in S1.
After doing C3 and C4, C1 and C2 seem so much easier and I just spent a couple of weeks before the exams going over a few of the more difficult topics but after second year they'll seem easy enough.
In retakes I got 95 UMS in C1 and 93 UMS in C2 and ended up getting an overall at A level. (OCR btw)

Also the AS exams are a month before A2 exams so you still have 3/4 weeks after those to just focus on A2 again.
Original post by RomeoSantos
Hi I got a C at AS maths with 72 UMS in C1, 60 UMS in c2 and 72 in S1.
After doing C3 and C4, C1 and C2 seem so much easier and I just spent a couple of weeks before the exams going over a few of the more difficult topics but after second year they'll seem easy enough.
In retakes I got 95 UMS in C1 and 93 UMS in C2 and ended up getting an overall at A level. (OCR btw)

Also the AS exams are a month before A2 exams so you still have 3/4 weeks after those to just focus on A2 again.

Did you retake s1? Also did you have any other subject retakes>
Did you retake s1? Also did you have any other subject retakes>

No just c1 and c2 for maths and Unit 2 economics which is basically the same as unit 4 in second year so wasn't difficult to study for.
No just c1 and c2 for maths and Unit 2 economics which is basically the same as unit 4 in second year so wasn't difficult to study for.

Is resitting a lot of work for maths?
Is resitting a lot of work for maths?

If you focus and keep up to date on your A2 maths then you can virtually do c1 without even revising it again as it will seem so basic. C2 you can revise the few specific topics a week or two before the exam.
If you focus and keep up to date on your A2 maths then you can virtually do c1 without even revising it again as it will seem so basic. C2 you can revise the few specific topics a week or two before the exam.

I would, but I dont want to be too arrogant with it and end up flopping a year.
I would, but I dont want to be too arrogant with it and end up flopping a year.

Well whatever you do at least until christmas you'd be best to just focus on A2 maths because its quite a lot harder.
Well whatever you do at least until christmas you'd be best to just focus on A2 maths because its quite a lot harder.

In our school, we did loads in the summer, so we only have 3 chapters of C3 left to do.
In our school, we did loads in the summer, so we only have 3 chapters of C3 left to do.

ahhh okay...so after doing that does c1 seem easier?
ahhh okay...so after doing that does c1 seem easier?

Yeah.
Although I have found that it takes me alot of time to fully grasp what the question is really asking of me and hence so I mess it up

Quick Reply

Latest