The Student Room Group

A level crisis

I did Maths , f.maths & Physics this year at A2 level! Came out with awful grades & i can do much better than that! I emailed my teacher saying i wanted to pick up It Btec & resit a few a levels! She said im unlikely to do this at sixth form because of funding and will have to do additional courses , what does this mean? & am i allowed to resit externally at my sixth form by paying for individual exams? The spec hasnt changes for maths & f.maths so i can just go to those lessons again instead of additional course lessons whilst doing It btec too?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by English-help
I did Maths , f.maths & Physics this year at A2 level! Came out with awful grades of ACE & i can do much better than that! I emailed my teacher saying i wanted to pick up It Btec & resit a few a levels! She said im unlikely to do this at sixth form because of funding and will have to do additional courses , what does this mean? & am i allowed to resit externally at my sixth form by paying for individual exams? The spec hasnt changes for maths & f.maths so i can just go to those lessons again instead of additional course lessons whilst doing It btec too?

I think you'd need to be in a class for IT and can only study so many things because of funding, so it may be that for one of the subjects you have to sit them externally as you say, but I would ask someone higher up at your school, maybe head of year, to discuss it
Original post by SeanFM
I think you'd need to be in a class for IT and can only study so many things because of funding, so it may be that for one of the subjects you have to sit them externally as you say, but I would ask someone higher up at your school, maybe head of year, to discuss it

Yeah ill go the class of It & ill go to double lessons since im doing it within 1 year. & ill go to Physics & further maths lessons! Since im only 2 ums marks off an A* ill resit C3 myself without going to maths lessons but i need to sort this funding thing out!
Original post by English-help
Yeah ill go the class of It & ill go to double lessons since im doing it within 1 year. & ill go to Physics & further maths lessons! Since im only 2 ums marks off an A* ill resit C3 myself without going to maths lessons but i need to sort this funding thing out!

Yeah, so I think you'd be taught on 3 courses (everything but normal maths) which you'd have to sit independently, plus the resits as well may or may not be taught, but I'm sure you can work out with a teacher what the best option is.
Original post by SeanFM
Yeah, so I think you'd be taught on 3 courses (everything but normal maths) which you'd have to sit independently, plus the resits as well may or may not be taught, but I'm sure you can work out with a teacher what the best option is.

Yeah thats what i mean! The spec hasnt been changed for It or F.maths so ill self teach myself Physics as im only resitting unit 4& for that & thanks for helping! Btw i made a post about personal statement , can you reply on that? Ill link it
Original post by SeanFM

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4265964

Quick Reply

Latest