The Student Room Group

AS results

I got BBEE in my AS results. One of the Es was for health and social care which is a subject that I need to get into university. This has put my motivation to revise down, a lot. How do I boost my own confidence again and start to revise, and revise well?
Thank you :smile:
Original post by cora12.3
I got BBEE in my AS results. One of the Es was for health and social care which is a subject that I need to get into university. This has put my motivation to revise down, a lot. How do I boost my own confidence again and start to revise, and revise well?
Thank you :smile:

The two B's are good signs - you have the ability to do well, you just need to think about why/how you got an E and how you can improve, and also (it may not necessarily be the case though) whether something health and social care related is for you, but I'm sure there's a way forward anyway.

It's going to be disappointing for the first few days as you get results and you won't want to do anything, but come term time you'll be back in a routine and hopefully then you can look into unis and options and go 'right, these are the grades I need to study what I want so I'm going to work hard of them' kind of mentality.
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
The two B's are good signs - you have the ability to do well, you just need to think about why/how you got an E and how you can improve, and also (it may not necessarily be the case though) whether something health and social care related is for you, but I'm sure there's a way forward anyway.

It's going to be disappointing for the first few days as you get results and you won't want to do anything, but come term time you'll be back in a routine and hopefully then you can look into unis and options and go 'right, these are the grades I need to study what I want so I'm going to work hard of them' kind of mentality.

Yes, exactly. I've been looking at uni's literally all throughout my summer holidays, wrote my personal statement etc. and going to uni is all I want. I guess so yeah, what I don't understand is how I managed to get a B in it in GCSE, then move straight down to a E in A level. I was very disappointed in myself due to thinking that I did well on the exam.. Thanks anyway SeanFM :h:

Quick Reply

Latest