Who's on their way to Reading?

Scroll to see replies

Chemistry, will be in St George's :beerglass:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 41
I am semi-confirmed for Agriculture and Business Management (I exceeded my offer but had a hiccup with my results being processed so still a tiny bit on edge! :eek:

Does anyone know what the timetables are usually like? I need to organise myself to the minute but don't want to start pestering tutors whilst people are still going through clearing/chasing results etc. What are the earliest starts and latest finishes? I did ask at open days and I know it depends on the modules I take, but still scouring for info :biggrin:
Original post by DS815
I am semi-confirmed for Agriculture and Business Management (I exceeded my offer but had a hiccup with my results being processed so still a tiny bit on edge! :eek:

Does anyone know what the timetables are usually like? I need to organise myself to the minute but don't want to start pestering tutors whilst people are still going through clearing/chasing results etc. What are the earliest starts and latest finishes? I did ask at open days and I know it depends on the modules I take, but still scouring for info :biggrin:

Hi DS815,
Timetables do vary from course to course and module to module. Lectures/seminars will have the early start of at least 9am with the latest finish of 6pm.

You should receive your timetable a week before classes start

Mark
2nd Year Accounting and Management 😀
I am. Reading finally confirmed this morning :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WaywardWriter
I am. Reading finally confirmed this morning :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations :smile: If you have any questions please feel free to get in touch.

Mark
2nd Year Accounting and Management
Reply 45
I should be. I got an offer over the phone (Clearing) and I'm just waiting for it to be approved on Track (although it has been 2 days, they say there's no issue and its just the massive queue. Still a little worried).

Should be studying Psychology
Original post by Kali.x.
Hiya Everyone!!

I've got a place on the Art and Film & Theatre for 2016, staying in Windsor Hall.

Who else is going and what are you doing?!

:biggrin:

I'll be in Windsor hall too!

I'm going to be studying meteorology but I haven't found anyone else who's on my course yet :frown:
Original post by Mewii
I'm gonna be studying Zoology and staying in Wessex Halls. If anyone is doing either send me a message so i can make friends before hand! :biggrin: Very excited!
I'm in Windsor Halls (the most I can cook is beans on toast, spag bol at a stretch, so I went for the catered option :biggrin:) I am doing Zoology though!
Original post by radiohedge
I'll be in Windsor hall too!

I'm going to be studying meteorology but I haven't found anyone else who's on my course yet :frown:

It's worth joining the Meteorology Society at the Student Union once your account(s) are all up and running (https://www.rusu.co.uk/societies/rumetsoc/) :smile:

Mark
Reply 50
Hi, is the accommodation payment page open yet for new students? I'm an international student and would like to settle my first term payment first, thank you !
Original post by Trixby
Hi, is the accommodation payment page open yet for new students? I'm an international student and would like to settle my first term payment first, thank you !

Hi Trixby,
The payment portal hasn't yet opened, please check on Monday as the portal should re-open to pay Fees.

Congratulations on your place at Reading :smile:

Mark
Original post by UniofReading
Hi Trixby,
The payment portal hasn't yet opened, please check on Monday as the portal should re-open to pay Fees.

Congratulations on your place at Reading :smile:

Mark

Hello,

My parents are going to be paying my first year tuition fees, but I am not clear on how I am exactly going to be paying it and when is the first instalment. I have called the staff members responsible for online receipts etc, but the woman on the phone wasn't really clear and was quite cold in responding to my questions.
Original post by scaphrax
Hello,

My parents are going to be paying my first year tuition fees, but I am not clear on how I am exactly going to be paying it and when is the first instalment. I have called the staff members responsible for online receipts etc, but the woman on the phone wasn't really clear and was quite cold in responding to my questions.

I'm sorry to hear about that and will relay your feedback to the relevant team. Are you able to access Webpayments (https://www.webpay.reading.ac.uk/studentpayments/ws_checkrisis.asp) via entering your Student/Applicant ID and your date of birth?

Mark
Reply 54
I'm sorry to hear about that and will relay your feedback to the relevant team. Are you able to access Webpayments (https://www.webpay.reading.ac.uk/studentpayments/ws_checkrisis.asp) via entering your Student/Applicant ID and your date of birth?

Mark

Hi,

Is there any guide for tuition fee on installments? I can only find the accommodation fee guide on the risis webpage
Original post by Trixby
Hi,

Is there any guide for tuition fee on installments? I can only find the accommodation fee guide on the risis webpage

Hi Trixby,
Here is the Fees Policy for Undergraduate Students (https://www.reading.ac.uk/~/media/files/b15697-fees-policy-bg-v1.ashx?la=en) Section 6.1 talks about payment in instalments which should help :smile:

If you have any further issues, please get in touch and I will try and get someone to contact you on Monday morning to go through it with you more throughly.

Mark
Hi, i got into Reading as my insurance choice to study Maths :smile: is anyone here doing the same course? Also, as my Halls accommodation isn't guaranteed, is there a way in which is recommended to meet people to move into a house with? Private halls looks way too expensive!! :frown:

Mark

Another question I want to ask, I am sort of aware that the payment must be done through this website https://www.webpay.reading.ac.uk/studentpayments/, but I dont know when we will receive our reading ITS username and password, and the policy states that it is mandatory to pay the fee before or on enrolment, which makes me nervous.
Original post by scaphrax
Another question I want to ask, I am sort of aware that the payment must be done through this website https://www.webpay.reading.ac.uk/studentpayments/, but I dont know when we will receive our reading ITS username and password, and the policy states that it is mandatory to pay the fee before or on enrolment, which makes me nervous.

Hi Scaphrax,
Please login as Guest as you won't have access to your ITS account until you have enrolled :smile:

Mark
Original post by ireallydontknow7
Hi, i got into Reading as my insurance choice to study Maths :smile: is anyone here doing the same course? Also, as my Halls accommodation isn't guaranteed, is there a way in which is recommended to meet people to move into a house with? Private halls looks way too expensive!! :frown:

Our student union has composed a guide regarding Private Accommodation https://www.rusu.co.uk/pageassets/advice/housing_advice/Searching-for-Accommodation-July-2015.pdf (it's not a complete list) but are a number of approved list of letting agents in the Reading area that may be able to source you Private accommodation :smile:

Mark

Quick Reply

Latest