The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys :smile: need some advice
Is there a kind of helpline I can ring for this sort of stuff?
Posted here a couple of days ago , what a crazy couple of days. Missed my Physiotherapy grades, phoned around everywhere managed to get on the phone to someone from Worcester who wanted further information. Anyway she got back to me yesterday and invited me to come down on Monday for an interview! I'm supposed to be going on holiday so I'll have to change my flight to a later one, I also live in Wales and have a full time job, and also the Physiotherapy course in Worcester isn't funded by the NHS which my firm and insurance choice was. So this means in the space of 3 weeks if I get in I'll have to hand in my notice in work late and ask to finish sooner than a month, cancel my NHS funding and sort out a student loan and money as I now will be paying for everything, and find somewhere to live and move from Wales (I would have been living at home with my firm)... And all this whilst working full time. It's all a bit overwhelming and I know I'm so lucky to be asked for an interview but I'm wondering whether if I explained all this to the tutors they would let me start late or something , it's all a bit of a shock and whilst it's such a competitive course and I realise how lucky I am I don't want to make a snap decision which results in me living somewhere for 3 years I've never even seen
Original post by moonandstars
Posted here a couple of days ago , what a crazy couple of days. Missed my Physiotherapy grades, phoned around everywhere managed to get on the phone to someone from Worcester who wanted further information. Anyway she got back to me yesterday and invited me to come down on Monday for an interview! I'm supposed to be going on holiday so I'll have to change my flight to a later one, I also live in Wales and have a full time job, and also the Physiotherapy course in Worcester isn't funded by the NHS which my firm and insurance choice was. So this means in the space of 3 weeks if I get in I'll have to hand in my notice in work late and ask to finish sooner than a month, cancel my NHS funding and sort out a student loan and money as I now will be paying for everything, and find somewhere to live and move from Wales (I would have been living at home with my firm)... And all this whilst working full time. It's all a bit overwhelming and I know I'm so lucky to be asked for an interview but I'm wondering whether if I explained all this to the tutors they would let me start late or something , it's all a bit of a shock and whilst it's such a competitive course and I realise how lucky I am I don't want to make a snap decision which results in me living somewhere for 3 years I've never even seen

Universities probably won't let you start late, I d suggest getting a student bank account sorted so that you re prepared incase your funding is late.
Reply 9622

Why isn't it funded by the NHS? Has it still got all the accreditation?

It should definitely be funded by the NHS! I'm doing midwifery and when I fill in my bursary form it asks for 'nursing, midwifery or allied health professionals'. Physiotherapy is obviously an allied Health profession! Does Worcester have all of the right accreditation? If you didn't get in this year you'd have to pay for it everywhere next year anyway as bursaries are being stopped. Why don't you just reapply next year and retake some grades?! What's with the rush to go straight into university?
My ucas track has updated for my insurance choice, but still hasn't for my firm. This was due to them not knowing one of my overall grades (politics), so they've been unable to confirm me. However, I sent them proof of my results through, and I've called them at least 3 times a day since results day, but they've been telling me the same thing that it will update soon, but still nothing has been done. Shall I be more patient or worried?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LC1996
It should definitely be funded by the NHS! I'm doing midwifery and when I fill in my bursary form it asks for 'nursing, midwifery or allied health professionals'. Physiotherapy is obviously an allied Health profession! Does Worcester have all of the right accreditation? If you didn't get in this year you'd have to pay for it everywhere next year anyway as bursaries are being stopped. Why don't you just reapply next year and retake some grades?! What's with the rush to go straight into university?

Original post by knope
Why isn't it funded by the NHS? Has it still got all the accreditation?

Original post by claireestelle
Universities probably won't let you start late, I d suggest getting a student bank account sorted so that you re prepared incase your funding is late.

Hey guys :smile: Yeah its still accredited by CSP I phoned them to check, I unfortunately did a new spec Biology course online (distance learning) so there is no option to do retakes so would be going back to college waiting to hear from some colleges as to whether I've got a space, and I feel like I'd have to pay next year anyway and I was prepared for uni this September so given the chance perhaps I should just go. They are now discussing offering me 2017 entry .. I've spoken to some family I have near the area who are happy to put me up for free if I go this year until I find a place (I'm a mature student will be 25 starting and I've been to uni before so I'm really not too bothered about the whole uni experience I just want to get my qualification).
Which day and which news paper are results posted in?
Original post by anonymouse.345
I didnt know Oxford did a foundation year degree, what course did you apply for?

i said it was launched this year
it was everywhere, advertised on the guardian, daily mail etc
they said they would only take 12 peopel though so it was very competitive

i applied for law and that was the most competitive course as i have been told
Do you have to declare all of your AS grades( including new spec linear courses)? There are people that have done 2 AS courses and done well in them but have also said they are going to do their linear courses in A2. The AS doesn't count so there is no need to declare it right? Also do you have to cash in an AS subject that you decide to drop (despite it being a new spec linear course)?
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
Do you have to declare all of your AS grades( including new spec linear courses)? There are people that have done 2 AS courses and done well in them but have also said they are going to do their linear courses in A2. The AS doesn't count so there is no need to declare it right? Also do you have to cash in an AS subject that you decide to drop (despite it being a new spec linear course)?

if you did the AS this year you have to declare it..
Original post by MathsMPhys
if you did the AS this year you have to declare it..
Thanks. Do I have to cash in the AS i drop as well...?
Original post by JodieHarriett18
Okie dokie :smile: we have Facebook as well if that's better but we don't really use it as much as whatsapp

are you the girl that is narrowed minded?
I just found out that I can go abroad for a semester in my second year :biggrin: Unfortunately BU don't do exchanges to Canada for my course which kind of breaks my heart a little. I can go to the University of Central Florida though which is still pretty amazing! :love:

Also, goodbye to an amazing thread even though we never reached page 500! I hope everyone has got a place sorted and :console: to those that didn't!

A massive thank you to everyone who helped me and gave me advice.
Does anyone know if you need your exam certificates as part of uni enrolment? My uni will send out enrolment info from September 1st, but it'll be too late by then to request them. :s-smilie: I don't have my AS certificates or A2 ones (obviously not yet), but I do have results slips?
Reply 9634
Original post by 1004v
Does anyone know if you need your exam certificates as part of uni enrolment? My uni will send out enrolment info from September 1st, but it'll be too late by then to request them. :s-smilie: I don't have my AS certificates or A2 ones (obviously not yet), but I do have results slips?

They already have your grades confirmed and you won't get certificates until December generally so definitely not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aph
They already have your grades confirmed and you won't get certificates until December generally so definitely not

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay great, thank you. :smile:
Original post by JodieHarriett18
I don't think you have to declare it if it's a fail? Is an E a fail?

The UCAS declaration states that you've included all qualifications including fails. You have to include U grades or your application is fraudulent.

Thanks. Do I have to cash in the AS i drop as well...?

If your results slip showed an overall AS grade (and not just module grades) then your AS grades have been cashed in and must be declared unless you want to risk applying with fraudulent information.

Original post by 1004v

You will need exam certificates for completed qualifications (so AS and GCSE) usually. If you applied post results (ie in a gap year) then you'd need your A level certificates.

Results for this year are verified by UCAS so you won't need certificates (but make sure you collect them and keep them safe!)
anyone got a priority remark back?
Do teachers have mark schemes for the exams we took yet?

Quick Reply

Latest