The Student Room Group

Study tips for maths AS resits

Any study tips to get an A grade- considering I am doing it for A2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by geography1294
Any study tips to get an A grade- considering I am doing it for A2

Yeah, don't repeat the mistakes of last year, since you're resitting. Do loads of past papers. If you don't understand something, ask or look it up.
Use Arsey's model answers.
They helped me a million.
Also, crank out every question in the textbook.
Practice papers. Do each one twice or more
Any help in particular for S1??
Original post by RDKGames
Yeah, don't repeat the mistakes of last year, since you're resitting. Do loads of past papers. If you don't understand something, ask or look it up.

Did you resit your AS maths modules by any chance? If so what was your before grade and what was it after?
Any help in particular for S1??

YouTube videos.
Did you resit your AS maths modules by any chance? If so what was your before grade and what was it after?

Resat 3 of them. Two were B's (now high A's) and one was a D (now C).
Original post by nwmyname
Use Arsey's model answers.
They helped me a million.
Also, crank out every question in the textbook.

Did you resit AS maths by any chance and what did you get after your resits if so?
Resat 3 of them. Two were B's (now high A's) and one was a D (now C).

Did you find that the core modules took you less time to complete? Was your applied module easier to do ?
Did you find that the core modules took you less time to complete? Was your applied module easier to do ?

Core modules are my favourite modules so yes they took me much less time to complete. I'm not a fan of applied modules so they wouldn't be easier than core for me.
Core modules are my favourite modules so yes they took me much less time to complete. I'm not a fan of applied modules so they wouldn't be easier than core for me.

You wouldnt say that I am out of my depth, as I have one resit for geog
You wouldnt say that I am out of my depth, as I have one resit for geog

You'll be fine. I had to sit 10 maths exams this summer so it could be worse :tongue:
You'll be fine. I had to sit 10 maths exams this summer so it could be worse :tongue:

What grades did you get?
And plus I have 13 exams next year!
What grades did you get?
And plus I have 13 exams next year!

A*A*B

Yeah have fun with those :wink:
I used the main course book, ExamSolutions videos and did Past papers as timed mocks.

Achieved A* in Maths, completely self-studied.
A*A*B

Yeah have fun with those :wink:

I am arent of my depth haha!
I resat C1 and S1 along side my A2's and honestly after covering C3/4, you will hardly have to do much for C1 and I can imagine its the same for C2 - they seem so so easy in comparison! It depends what other modules you take but I then did M1 in A2 so for S1 I just had to sit down and go through the book again as no other modules really developed my understanding in it. Luckily in A2 my maths teacher did a statistics degree so he really helped me out:smile:
Original post by avengedabbie
I resat C1 and S1 along side my A2's and honestly after covering C3/4, you will hardly have to do much for C1 and I can imagine its the same for C2 - they seem so so easy in comparison! It depends what other modules you take but I then did M1 in A2 so for S1 I just had to sit down and go through the book again as no other modules really developed my understanding in it. Luckily in A2 my maths teacher did a statistics degree so he really helped me out:smile:

When did you start your revision? Plus did you end up going through everyf question again?
When did you start your revision? Plus did you end up going through everyf question again?

S1 I definitely struggled with most so i put in more time - I found it easier to start revision earlier but only revise in small amounts around my A2's. My exam was early June and I started going through it I'd say early May time. (this also include extra classes on the side). This managed to get me from an E to a B:biggrin:
C1 I literally gave myself a couple of weeks, but I knew I could do it, it was just on the day last year I messed it up and got a C! Luckily with my resit I went up to an A :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest