The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Coventry University...Living from home?

Hi, this September I'm going to be studying Biomed at Coventry uni. However at the moment I'm unsure whether I should live from home and commute (for around an hour) or live at the halls there.
The thing I'm most worried about is if I'll actually be able to make any friends...what's your advice? 😥
Reply 1
Just curious, how close is Coventry uni to Warwick uni?
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Rkai01
Just curious, how close is Coventry uni to Warwick uni?

It's only about a 13 minute drive...just under 7 miles away from each other
Reply 3
Original post by Crimson_JP
It's only about a 13 minute drive...just under 7 miles away from each other

Oh, so I guess students prob are together frequently at parties, events etc?
If you're not living from home I dont know what else you'll be doing there.
Imagine people started learning from university holy crap, never mind my twisted ideas.
I'd go from home, stayed once for a few days at the cov uni singer hall accommodation, it's not in that nice an area and the room I had was right on a busy road so got no sleep :frown: and the chances of locking yourself out in the first few days are high.
Reply 6
I start Cov Uni in September and i am going to be living at home (15 min drive).
I wouldn't worry about not making friends as you can go to freshers week (£75 for a ticket though!!! ) or you can join societies through the students union also you will probably make friends through your course.
Reply 7
Original post by A2LEVELSHELPME
Hi, I'm also starting at cov uni in September for Biomed too (yay) and thinking about living at home! it's like a 15 min drive, so I'm not the only one phew!!! 😅😂

Lol 😂 That's good maybe we'll meet in a lecture or something

Quick Reply

Latest