The Student Room Group

Ladies- Is it a turnoff that the guy does not drink and is a Vegan?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adamlaw2
There are a few special ones such as veggie romance, but you can also try general ones such as okay cupid or pof. I have had luck from all of them. Also google vegan fairs, as they often have after parties, or you can just get talking to people

Thanks for the info :smile:
What do they do in the after parties, get drunk?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by blue2337
This is the first time I've encountered a vegan guy, I swear you're like unicorns :colondollar:

There are loads of us - you have not had your eyes open . talking about vegan guys, anyone into MMA as Nate Diaz (Vegan) is fighting Conor Mcgregor tonight. I really hope Nate wins, although Conor has trained really hard this time.
Not drinking isn't an issue. Being a vegan might be. Depends if you force me to turn vegan too? Or is me eating meat around you ok?
Original post by blue2337
This is the first time I've encountered a vegan guy, I swear you're like unicorns :colondollar: some girls might think you're compromising their dinner date options, or making them look "fat" in comparing their steak to your veggie burger, but honestly with the availability of vegan options and the rising trend of plant-based lifestyles, even steakhouses may be accommodating! Also, I work behind a bar so I've seen many guys out there who don't drink, which is why things like Becks Blue were invented (alchohol free beer stuff), but as long as the girl doesn't get too hammered and the guy respects boundaries, you're good to go! (marry me)

Soo I'm a unicorns now huh? Lol
You made me feel very happy thanks:colondollar:
Wanna PM sometime?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tiger Rag
Not drinking isn't an issue. Being a vegan might be. Depends if you force me to turn vegan too? Or is me eating meat around you ok?

No i wont at all its completely okay:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not at all. :smile: For many girls who also don't ever drink or eat meat (myself included), it's quite the opposite. There are plenty of us out there; you just have to find the right person. Likewise, there are many girls who do occasionally drink or eat meat but would be accepting of your own choice not to.
Drinking is not a problem but vegan is be it would mean we wouldn't be able to have a cheeky nandos together:bawling::bawling:. Also I feel like it might cause tensions esp with who's cooking and deciding where to go when we eat out.
Massive turn off for me but that's because I'm terrible :flutter:
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
Drinking is not a problem but vegan is be it would mean we wouldn't be able to have a cheeky nandos together:bawling::bawling:. Also I feel like it might cause tensions esp with who's cooking and deciding where to go when we eat out.

I dont cook soo......
Original post by beeninetytwo
Massive turn off for me but that's because I'm terrible :flutter:

But you've got a unicorn as your avatar
Reply 30
If you're worried that a girl who likes to drink and eat meat won't like you, then go for one who doesn't. It depends on the person. For me it's a turn off if a guy likes to drink and can't see his life without meat.
I'm not a vegan but I don't drink alcohol, and even though my partner doesn't bother in the slightest, I still go out with him and let him drink whilst I have a Coca-Cola or fruit juice. I always get bad reactions from strangers or friends... "WAIT, you DON'T drink? Not even wine?" :colonhash:

Likewise, someone being a vegan doesn't turn me off unless they are one of these that flaunt it in every conversation unnecessarily....
Original post by zabveniye
Not at all. :smile: For many girls who also don't ever drink or eat meat (myself included), it's quite the opposite. There are plenty of us out there; you just have to find the right person. Likewise, there are many girls who do occasionally drink or eat meat but would be accepting of your own choice not to.

Thanks :smile: thats the type of girl I'm looking for. Wanna PM sometime?
Original post by Idunno99
But you've got a unicorn as your avatar

I know, I know. However, I did debate changing it last night :teeth:
Original post by Nadile
If you're worried that a girl who likes to drink and eat meat won't like you, then go for one who doesn't. It depends on the person. For me it's a turn off if a guy likes to drink and can't see his life without meat.

I agree. It would be a turnoff for me aswell if the drinks like a fish
Original post by Nadile

I agree. It would be a turnoff for me aswell if the girl drinks like a fish
Reply 36
Run ladies, run for your life.
I'm a big meat eater (hypocritically as I would personally love to be vegan for ethical reasons but I suck at liking veggies and tearing myself away from meat) but these things wouldn't be an issue. I'd probably be excited to try and convert myself.

It's also really nice when men have their own opinions about morality and stick to their feelings about things. It's personally a huge turn on for me when I get into debates with my boyfriend about morals and ethics etc.

Any girl that's right for you will be happy with you as you are :smile:
Reply 38
I don't believe it would be much of an issue as long as you are alright with them eating meat, it would be a big problem if you where not okay with that and wanted to move in together.

However I believe I read a statistic somewhere saying something like a high proportion of women like men to eat meat and many men prefer a vegetarian partner. I'm not sure how true this is tho and can't remember the source of the fact.

Anyway, would you really want to be with someone who is so judgemental and closed minded they can't get past a simple choice of diet?
As long as a guy didn't try to push his views onto me and didn't try to stop me from drinking or eating meat, I would be fine dating a vegan or a non drinker.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending