The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3620
Original post by C0balt
Congrats :smile:
Which college did you apply to initially out of curiosity?

Jesus, was pooled I assume as my interviews went pretty badly unless you count being able to guess correct answers from nowhere as a success, think it did shock the interviewers a bit when they asked how I'd worked it out :')

Then my offer from queens' was A*A*A in Fmaths, physics and chem. I got A*A*AA in maths, physics, Fmaths and chem, so just had to wait and see whether I'd get fished :smile:
Original post by ab66
Jesus, was pooled I assume as my interviews went pretty badly unless you count being able to guess correct answers from nowhere as a success, think it did shock the interviewers a bit when they asked how I'd worked it out :':wink:

Then my offer from queens' was A*A*A in Fmaths, physics and chem. I got A*A*AA in maths, physics, Fmaths and chem, so just had to wait and see whether I'd get fished :smile:

Ok when I saw the "Jesus," I thought you were swearing :lol: Hey you were wanted by 3 colleges basically, what a popular lad :tongue:
Reply 3622
Original post by C0balt
Ok when I saw the "Jesus," I thought you were swearing :lol: Hey you were wanted by 3 colleges basically, what a popular lad :tongue:

*lady :wink:

I almost regretted choosing Jesus after many jokes from friends along similar lines:grin:
Original post by ab66
Me, but 99% I'm deferring a year.

Ah well I guess I'll be seeing you next year then! Which college are you going to?
Reply 3624
Original post by RyanW97
Ah well I guess I'll be seeing you next year then! Which college are you going to?

Homerton :smile:
Original post by ab66
Homerton :smile:

Congratulations! I know someone who just finished their third year of engineering there and they love it!
Reply 3626
Original post by RyanW97
Congratulations! I know someone who just finished their third year of engineering there and they love it!

Spent the last hour looking through it all :smile: Which college will you be in?
Original post by ab66
Spent the last hour looking through it all :smile: Which college will you be in?

I'll be at Trinity! What made you decide to defer entry? I'm so excited I couldn't wait another year 😂
Reply 3628
Original post by RyanW97
I'll be at Trinity! What made you decide to defer entry? I'm so excited I couldn't wait another year 😂

I posted a bit before, but after having got winter pooled Queens' gave me a deferred offer, so it was either accept that or give up on cambridge altogether,

But it's worked out, I've got a job at a civil engineering firm so getting some experience and savings which will be useful :smile:
Original post by ab66
I posted a bit before, but after having got winter pooled Queens' gave me a deferred offer, so it was either accept that or give up on cambridge altogether,

But it's worked out, I've got a job at a civil engineering firm so getting some experience and savings which will be useful :smile:

That's good, I'm planning to take a year out for work experience part way through the course! I thought you said you were going to Homerton so I'm confused now haha
Reply 3630
Original post by RyanW97
That's good, I'm planning to take a year out for work experience part way through the course! I thought you said you were going to Homerton so I'm confused now haha

Missed my offer from Queens - A* in further maths wasn't very likely. So got pooled again to Homerton this time.
Original post by ab66
Missed my offer from Queens - A* in further maths wasn't very likely. So got pooled again to Homerton this time.

Oh that makes sense, pretty harsh offer though! My offer was A*A*A in maths, FM and physics in any order
Original post by EnglishMuon
btw is this sock monkey thing legit? Cus if so I'd like Harambe wearing this tshirt please

lolololol
harambe art... look at my collage:
C2.jpg
Original post by jneill
Theres no point re-applying to any college unless you at least meet the typical requirement and ideally exceed it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the reply.
Can I not resit some of the modules and reapply again next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EricPiphany

XD I was tempted to do this but thought nah Ill get on with something else
How much stationery is too much for uni?

Stationery shopping is lit ngl
Original post by ab66
I got fished from the pool by Homerton!

Must be in the fairly unusual position of having applied for 2016 entry, then got fished by Queens' in the winter pool and offered 2017 entry, and then Homerton offering 2016 if I want it. (But letting me choose between that and 2017).

Just want to say thanks to @jneill and @Peterhouse Admissions for their help and replies, especially with regards to the pool.

Thank you for the thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jkhan9625
Thanks for the reply.
Can I not resit some of the modules and reapply again next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

1 or 2 module resits are ok, yes, but not more than that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Serine Soul
How much stationery is too much for uni?

Stationery shopping is lit ngl

Lol i could well get addicted to stocking up on H pencils but I'm planning on buying stuff there cus i thought it would be a little cheaper. Also saves carrying it all up with me
So I kind of decided I just needed to block everything out to survive results day, but now it's sunk in...

I got in! A*s in Psych and Maths, As in Bio and FM.

It doesn't feel real yet... anyone else feel the same?

Latest

Trending

Trending