The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Original post by m.vilas
Best material to buy/use for free to prepare for the online tests?

I'm using AssessmentDay at the moment, I'd rate it. The bundle pack is £35, and it gives you access for a year
Original post by TJ263
I'm using AssessmentDay at the moment, I'd rate it. The bundle pack is £35, and it gives you access for a year

Idem
Original post by oracle95
Has anyone applied to Morgan Stanley Sales & Trading, can only see the vacancy for investment banking

also very keen to find out when this opens!
Reply 763
I'm filling out the JPM application and I came across this:
Do you currently hold or have held a visa in the past 12 months for the location that the role is in?

I've answered with "No," and then it says:
Please specify which visa you are on or previously held?

Both of these are compulsory fields, so I'm not quite sure what to put in for the second question as I do not require a special visa to work in London. In this section should I just mention that I am a British citizen and that I hold a British passport?

I would appreciate any advice, no matter how stupid a question this is...
Reply 764
Original post by TJ263
Do you currently hold or have held a visa in the past 12 months for the location that the role is in?

Both of these are compulsory fields, so I'm not quite sure what to put in for the second question as I do not require a special visa to work in London. In this section should I just mention that I am a British citizen and that I hold a British passport?

hyphen

really guys you should not worry about this kind of stuff
Original post by daksosodak
Did you contact them or did they contact you? I also sent off my app without saw the motivational questions. Thks

Emailed them. I had to use a different email address after withdrawing my app because it wouldn't let me apply for IB again, but that was literally what this person in EMEA IB recruitment advised.
Original post by juventus100
For pure AM places like schroders , will they take on recent grads for their summer positions or can you only apply for grad if you've already graduated?

They take on grads anyway, so just apply to their grad scheme.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TJ263

literally all you need to put is yes, and British Citizen in the box after.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zzFishstick
I'm a penultimate year student without any SW, but some general work experience in a couple small, local places. Is it better to apply for a SW and try to convert or to apply straight for a SA role? My impression is that without a SW, it's very rare to get a summer internship. Any suggestions?

That is false. Most SA applicants won't have SWs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lizzygrant
Is it worth applying if you were rejected for SW last year? Can you still use the same account?

Do you have an idea why you weren't chosen, like CV, grades etc.
Reply 770
Is it better to put down 1st "Expected" or 2:1 "Achieved" if we genuinely do expect that grade?
Reply 771
Best way to put a masters on a cv if I don't know where I'm going to be taking it?
Original post by TJ263
Is it better to put down 1st "Expected" or 2:1 "Achieved" if we genuinely do expect that grade?

Is this question a joke?

You haven't achieved anything if you haven't graduated yet...there are no half-way prizes.
Reply 773
Could you be asked to explain the Black-Scholes Model if you apply for S&T or is that something not to worry about?
Original post by Eli5k
Could you be asked to explain the Black-Scholes Model if you apply for S&T or is that something not to worry about?

Yes - why not?
Original post by Eli5k

explanation - that long ting that used to calculate price of an option..
Reply 776
Original post by Commercial Paper
Yes - why not?

Well, I mean it is a nobel prize winning model, so I assumed it was a bit advanced to explain for an S&T internship lol. But if im okay just saying its a model to price European options then i guess its cool.
Reply 777
Original post by gsbs2
Lazard have numerical and verbal tests, they only send them if you pass the first screening

From year above, I've heard Lazard has very high thresholds for tests

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gsbs2
Lazard have numerical and verbal tests, they only send them if you pass the first screening

& after the SJT
Someone has done the SJT for Lazard?

Quick Reply

Latest