The Student Room Group

Ladies- Is it a turnoff that the guy does not drink and is a Vegan?

Scroll to see replies

Not a turn-off, it's a turn-ON. :biggrin:

Seeing as I'm a girl who's both vegan and doesn't drink alcohol, you'd be like perfect for me ahaha :biggrin:
Original post by aperture
I'm not a vegan but I don't drink alcohol, and even though my partner doesn't bother in the slightest, I still go out with him and let him drink whilst I have a Coca-Cola or fruit juice. I always get bad reactions from strangers or friends... "WAIT, you DON'T drink? Not even wine?" :colonhash:

Likewise, someone being a vegan doesn't turn me off unless they are one of these that flaunt it in every conversation unnecessarily....

I dont generally talk about it at all so i should be okay right?
Thanks for Cheering me up!:yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Idunno99
I dont cook soo......

Lol that's an even bigger turn off. It would mean I'm the one who has to do all the cooking and with you being vegan it woul mean I woul have to cook to accommodate you all the time.
No i would not true

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by daydreamer4life
Not a turn-off, it's a turn-ON. :biggrin:

Seeing as I'm a girl who's both vegan and doesn't drink alcohol, you'd be like perfect for me ahaha :biggrin:

Skype date?
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
Lol that's an even bigger turn off. It would mean I'm the one who has to do all the cooking and with you being vegan it woul mean I woul have to cook to accommodate you all the time.

This.
Original post by PandaCalavera
I'm a big meat eater (hypocritically as I would personally love to be vegan for ethical reasons but I suck at liking veggies and tearing myself away from meat) but these things wouldn't be an issue. I'd probably be excited to try and convert myself.

It's also really nice when men have their own opinions about morality and stick to their feelings about things. It's personally a huge turn on for me when I get into debates with my boyfriend about morals and ethics etc.

Any girl that's right for you will be happy with you as you are :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GS51892
I don't believe it would be much of an issue as long as you are alright with them eating meat, it would be a big problem if you where not okay with that and wanted to move in together.

However I believe I read a statistic somewhere saying something like a high proportion of women like men to eat meat and many men prefer a vegetarian partner. I'm not sure how true this is tho and can't remember the source of the fact.

Anyway, would you really want to be with someone who is so judgemental and closed minded they can't get past a simple choice of diet?

I would not want to be with someone like that that's true

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
I'm a vegan guy who doesn't drink much. I find the drinking is an issue for some, if someone wants to go out and get pissed every weekend then we're just not going to work. If someone just likes a few sometimes then it's not that big a deal. I've never actually had someone have an issue with me being vegan but I'm increasingly not sure I'd want to live with someone who's not veggie or vegan so the longer term may be an issue. Also, it's very in line with my wider ethical views and I think good amounts of ethical common ground are needed in the longer term.

But if someone isn't interested then it's no big deal, not meant to be, plenty more fish in the sea and all that
Original post by Spock's Socks
As long as a guy didn't try to push his views onto me and didn't try to stop me from drinking or eating meat, I would be fine dating a vegan or a non drinker.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't be bothered by that at all but that's probably because I'm a vegetarian who doesn't particularly enjoy too much alcohol, I think you just need to find the right girls tbh, there are loads of people who are veggie/vegan and don't drink/don't drink excessively and you just need to find them!!
Original post by BKS
I'm a vegan guy who doesn't drink much. I find the drinking is an issue for some, if someone wants to go out and get pissed every weekend then we're just not going to work. If someone just likes a few sometimes then it's not that big a deal. I've never actually had someone have an issue with me being vegan but I'm increasingly not sure I'd want to live with someone who's not veggie or vegan so the longer term may be an issue. Also, it's very in line with my wider ethical views and I think good amounts of ethical common ground are needed in the longer term.

But if someone isn't interested then it's no big deal, not meant to be, plenty more fish in the sea and all that

You're right man! Plenty of vegan fish in the Sea i guess:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Lauraexplorer;67080670"]I wouldn't be bothered by that at all but that's probably because I'm a vegetarian who doesn't particularly enjoy too much alcohol, I think you just need to find the right girls tbh, there are loads of people who are veggie/vegan and don't drink/don't drink excessively and you just need to find them!![/QUOTE
Okay I'll try my best to find em .
Nice username tho! :smile:

Thanks
Personally couldn't go out with a vegan - probably couldn't even handle a veggie tbh. It's the preachiness and holy than thou attitude I find the hardest to cope with. *The not drinking thing I could probably get over, though if they didn't drink AT ALL id find it tiresome eg: if they turned down a tiny glass of prosecco at a wedding or something. It's like they would be doing it just to prove a point? I don't know. Maybe I'm just brainwashed in my flesh eating alcoholic ways!!*
there are SO many more Vegan women than men, so youv'e got some good odds,
if any girl doesn't respect your diet then leave her and laugh as you realies you will live for 6/7+ years longer (proven) and won't die of cancer
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Personally couldn't go out with a vegan - probably couldn't even handle a veggie tbh. It's the preachiness and holy than thou attitude I find the hardest to cope with. *The not drinking thing I could probably get over, though if they didn't drink AT ALL id find it tiresome eg: if they turned down a tiny glass of prosecco at a wedding or something. It's like they would be doing it just to prove a point? I don't know. Maybe I'm just brainwashed in my flesh eating alcoholic ways!!*

ahhh pisses me off when you jump to 'preachy', man of course you get obsessive and aggressive vegans, but you find this with anyone in their own different groups. personally i've met more rude meat eaters who are SO disrespectful/ignorant
lol im being so ironic here, but you get me
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh

well, genius you would just cook for yourself ....
Original post by Foo.mp3
Irrespective of stigma, if you've attractive qualities, socially immerse yourself, and know how to handle women you're all set :u:

I guess i need to learn some game then

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending