The Student Room Group

Alcohol, how true is this...

Different types of alcohol makes you feel a certain way, like tequila makes some people talkative, others make you angry,beer makes you sloppy, wine makes girls horny Ect..

Do certain alcoholic drinks bring out certain personalities in you ? I haven't drank since highschool so I can't remember for myself.

Scroll to see replies

Majority of tsr are Muslims that don't drink bravo thread fail
Original post by xobeauty
Different types of alcohol makes you feel a certain way, like tequila makes some people talkative, others make you angry,beer makes you sloppy, wine makes girls horny Ect..

Do certain alcoholic drinks bring out certain personalities in you ? I haven't drank since highschool so I can't remember for myself.

Personally I haven't experienced anything different when drinking. But I haven't been drunk on beer or tequila to know how I behave. I can't stand wine either :s-smilie: Mixers at a club yes, but generally when I drink I just get a lot more confident and laugh at everything and want to talk to everyone I see :biggrin: Interesting question that is.
Reply 3
downing a few pints of vodka makes you dead
downing a few pints of beer makes you tipsy
key difference there
Drunk is drunk is drunk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
downing a few pints of vodka makes you dead
downing a few pints of beer makes you tipsy
key difference there

Original post by drandy76
Drunk is drunk is drunk

Posted from TSR Mobile

Clearly you ppl can't read.
All I've noticed is differences in strength, taste and hangover. For some reason, cheap wine in particular kills me the next day.

I'm not sure why different drinks would produce different behavioural changes; ethanol is ethanol and drunk is drunk. Then again, I'm not an alky or expert.
Reply 7

Well, my dead personality is quite different from my tipsy personality.
It was a facetious way of saying "it's about the units"

Maybe I should say it explicitly then, no

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wellll I knew a guy who got quite emotional when they were on the gin for the night.
Majority of tsr are Muslims that don't drink bravo thread fail

muslims dont drink alcohol because they're laaaaaaame

parttyyy foullll
Original post by JoshDawg
Wellll I knew a guy who got quite emotional when they were on the gin for the night.

I think it was wine that got me emotional LOL

My girl- friend gets horny when she drinks wine so she can't drink it.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Well, my dead personality is quite different from my tipsy personality.
It was a facetious way of saying "it's about the units"

Original post by drandy76
Maybe I should say it explicitly then, no

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by dairychocolate
All I've noticed is differences in strength, taste and hangover. For some reason, cheap wine in particular kills me the next day.

I'm not sure why different drinks would produce different behavioural changes; ethanol is ethanol and drunk is drunk. Then again, I'm not an alky or expert.

It's the chemicals and the chemicals in your brain
Not exactly but I find with spirits that I don't realise how drunk I am. I also tend to drink more and then I vomit the next day. This does not happen with wine, my old faithful xxx
I believe there's evidence to show that different alcohols don't actually have different effects. I'll try look for it.
Reply 15

Well rum seems to get me laid; so imma steer clear of that while I've got a girlfriend.
Don't like wine tbh
Whiskey & beer make me a little bit sillier but I just feel like a less coordinated version of myself

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gogregg
I believe there's evidence to show that different alcohols don't actually have different effects. I'll try look for it.

Hmm, nevermind. I've found a paper that states that:
Subjects who consumed beer or believed that they were consuming beer were significantly less aggressive than subjects who consumed distilled spirits or believed that they were consuming distilled spirits. Differences between subjects receiving the drug (alcohol) and the placebo were not significant.

http://www.jsad.com/doi/pdf/10.15288/jsa.1984.45.278

I haven't looked at the research methods, or for any other papers, but I really need to start practising for my Driving Theory test :lol:
Reply 17
Original post by Gogregg

Nahh, I think it's a placebo in some people

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG yes!! Me and my friend both seem to react to different types of alcohol the same way and last month I remember we were talking about this and made our own list of the effect of each type;
Tequila- hyper, talkative. But too much will cause us to be touchy feely with guys
Vodka- makes us feel sad/ want to cry
Wine- not much effect until we've drank the whole bottle or 3/4 of it then we'll feel chatty but not fun chatty, more like talk on and on about our problems chatty
Jaeger bombs- amazing, feel hyper and wanna dance (probably cos of the caffeine though)
Beer- I can't drink it without vomitting even the smell of beer makes me gag
Sangria- happy
Original post by Pinkberry_y
OMG yes!! Me and my friend both seem to react to different types of alcohol the same way and last month I remember we were talking about this and made our own list of the effect of each type;
Tequila- hyper, talkative. But too much will cause us to be touchy feely with guys
Vodka- makes us feel sad/ want to cry
Wine- not much effect until we've drank the whole bottle or 3/4 of it then we'll feel chatty but not fun chatty, more like talk on and on about our problems chatty
Jaeger bombs- amazing, feel hyper and wanna dance (probably cos of the caffeine though)
Beer- I can't drink it without vomitting even the smell of beer makes me gag
Sangria- happy

I wish I could tell noticeable differences between the alcohol I consume
The only things I know is JD&Coke gives me hiccups and cider makes me pee continuously and that's it 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest