The Student Room Group

UMS needed next year for an A* overall?

Hello my darlings! I got my AS results for Geography back this week and was super happy as I got 185/200 UMS overall.
I'm interested as I got 140/140 in the main exam and only 45/60 in the other and want to know if i should retake that one or nah :P
Original post by fairlyemily
Hello my darlings! I got my AS results for Geography back this week and was super happy as I got 185/200 UMS overall.
I'm interested as I got 140/140 in the main exam and only 45/60 in the other and want to know if i should retake that one or nah :P

It's quite high, I'd be happy with that outcome but it's up to you if you want to retake :smile:
Original post by fairlyemily

Nope don't retake it, it won't make a difference for an A* next year, you need 90% UMS as well next year to get an A*
So that would be 90% of 200 which is 180
Reply 3
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Nope don't retake it, it won't make a difference for an A* next year, you need 90% UMS as well next year to get an A*
So that would be 90% of 200 which is 180
Thanks :smile: I was just wondering if it would make any difference as I wasn't really prepared for such a good result! I was expecting a B!
Reply 4
The only point in retaking is to increase your chances of getting an A overall but I wouldn't think it worth it. You need at least 180 from A2 to get an A*.

Quick Reply

Latest