The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bulletzone
How's everyone feeling about French :colonhash:

edexcel french reading was pretty easy and i'm sure i've only dropped one mark there
listening was okay, although there were a few parts i wasn't sure on
i was hoping to get high 30s on both papers to help my speaking grade (which is an A/A*) but i've probably got a high A on the listening... just waiting on grade boundaries for reassurance
Original post by nwmyname
You'll be fine.
Maths papers, and I can tell you for sure, they are marked with greater leniency with the consideration that you are in the exam season so nerves can occur.
I was in the same position as you 2 years ago and I came out with the A* so don't worry at all.

Thank you so much and this has lifted up my spirits. I hope that I am like you and get an A* too:smile:. I will deffo let you know on results day!:smile:
Original post by Fluxy324
Aqa french? That listening test was horrific.... but that reading was so easy i still think i can get an a*

Didn't understand as much as I thought I would. The pilot question got me. Boys in skirts and vaping though:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
edexcel french reading was pretty easy and i'm sure i've only dropped one mark there
listening was okay, although there were a few parts i wasn't sure on
i was hoping to get high 30s on both papers to help my speaking grade (which is an A/A*) but i've probably got a high A on the listening... just waiting on grade boundaries for reassurance

I did Edexcel french too and I found the reading easy and the listening quite hard but I hope that I get an A* please:biggrin:. My c.a is at an A grade so I will be happy with an A too but not a B.:redface: Anyways you seem better at French then me so you will probably get an A* and good luck for results day!
Original post by Bulletzone
How's everyone feeling about French :colonhash:

the one i'm most worried for. AQA iGCSE french was a nightmare - listening was the worst test i've ever seen in my life (felt like an A Level paper), reading was still bad but not as bad, writing exam had **** questions and then not sure about the speaking exam either :redface:
For those considering November resits (for maths and English) - wouldn't that be on the new GCSE spec?

I believe it would, so make sure you prepare with the extra content and learning quotes etc.

Good luck to everyone :smile:
Original post by snikerio
For those considering November resits (for maths and English) - wouldn't that be on the new GCSE spec?

I believe it would, so make sure you prepare with the extra content and learning quotes etc.

Good luck to everyone :smile:

No it wouldn't. Exam boards are doing resits for the old spec for people who are 16 or above as of 31st August 2016 and there will be chance to resit the legacy GCSE Maths and English in November 2016 and June 2017
anyone do Edexcel German?? The reading and listening were the hardest papers i have ever seen, god i probably got a D, at least i got A/A* in the speaking :'( French was easy though
What does everyone think they've got in AQA triple science after viewing the papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2089
Original post by hbgeorgie
anyone do Edexcel German?? The reading and listening were the hardest papers i have ever seen, god i probably got a D, at least i got A/A* in the speaking :'( French was easy though

I did edexcel German too! I found the reading okay ish but the listening was much harder. Definitely the hardest papers I've done though! I hope the grade boundaries are low
Original post by TheAnon121
What does everyone think they've got in AQA triple science after viewing the papers?

The grade or the marks for each paper?
Original post by extraordinaire
The grade or the marks for each paper?

Both :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chicken-
I'm genuinely contemplating suicide.. I drank bleach earlier but puked it up. I don't know what to do, I'm so scared I got an A instead of an A* on my math paper I want to kill myself.. What do I do?

Definitely don't kill yourself - what would that actually achieve? and what happened if you did get that A* then? It's not worth it. Stay strong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Both :smile:

Ok

Biology: A
B1: 34
B2: 45
B3: 42
B4 (ISA): school didn't tell us our ISA scores for any science because they are subject to change (even though they told us scores for other controlled assessments)

Chemistry: A* (I hope)
C1: 38
C2: 54
C3: 50

Physics: B (if I'm lucky)
P1: 36
P2: 28
P3: 25

wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by extraordinaire
Ok

Biology: A
B1: 34
B2: 45
B3: 42
B4 (ISA): school didn't tell us our ISA scores for any science because they are subject to change (even though they told us scores for other controlled assessments)

Chemistry: A* (I hope)
C1: 38
C2: 54
C3: 50

Physics: B (if I'm lucky)
P1: 36
P2: 28
P3: 25

wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice! same exact thing with the ISA's for us too, I just hope that they'll actually help me secure my grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=chicken-;67084108]I don't though coz I only answered one question as I tried topping myself during the exam

Look even if you did not get an A* you can still achieve your dream so plz don't give up you are much more important than that! Try and remember that GCSEs don't define you as a person they just show how much effort you have put into the subject or how skilful you are
Nice! same exact thing with the ISA's for us too, I just hope that they'll actually help me secure my grade.

I got told my isa scores for both core and additional science but we were also told they could change . We were told they could go up or down by 3 marks

Yes! Fingers crossed and good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chicken-
I'm genuinely contemplating suicide.. I drank bleach earlier but puked it up. I don't know what to do, I'm so scared I got an A instead of an A* on my math paper I want to kill myself.. What do I do?

Please don't do that. I have had suicidal thoughts for many years myself, it does get better I promise xx
Anyone got any thoughts on the AQA German tests? I found the reading quite easy and the listening mediocre so I'm thinking the grade boundaries will be similar to other years, maybe?

Latest