The Student Room Group

Overpaid at work

I work for branch of a big chain of clothing shop. I noticed I had been underpaid by about £30 and so after weeks of chasing my manager about it, she finally sat down with me and went over my shifts. At the end of a lot of calculations she told me I had been underpaid by £250. I didn't understand why it was so much but she seemed very confident so I just accepted it was right. Later that night I worked it out myself and basically she has managed to include an entire month's pay in that figure. So I'm going to be repaid my month's salary plus the actual £30 I'm really owed. Should I say something about this? Or just stay quiet?*
Original post by MsLaurenator
I work for branch of a big chain of clothing shop. I noticed I had been underpaid by about £30 and so after weeks of chasing my manager about it, she finally sat down with me and went over my shifts. At the end of a lot of calculations she told me I had been underpaid by £250. I didn't understand why it was so much but she seemed very confident so I just accepted it was right. Later that night I worked it out myself and basically she has managed to include an entire month's pay in that figure. So I'm going to be repaid my month's salary plus the actual £30 I'm really owed. Should I say something about this? Or just stay quiet?*

Id stay quiet
Reply 2
just take it :lol:

maybe hold onto it for a while though so you can pay it back if they realise :3
Say something because if they realize its not gonna look good for you
Original post by MsLaurenator

You dont appear to have been paid the money yet, so wait.

If they do overpay you then id just not spend that money. Ots up to you whether you tell them, but if they really have it wrong, then its not your money and they cna reclaim it whenever they wish.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending