The Student Room Group

Study tips for maths AS resits

Scroll to see replies

Original post by geography1294
When did you start your revision? Plus did you end up going through everyf question again?
S1 I definitely struggled with most so i put in more time - I found it easier to start revision earlier but only revise in small amounts around my A2's. My exam was early June and I started going through it I'd say early May time. (this also include extra classes on the side). This managed to get me from an E to a B:biggrin:C1 I literally gave myself a couple of weeks, but I knew I could do it, it was just on the day last year I messed it up and got a C! Luckily with my resit I went up to an A :smile:
Original post by avengedabbie
S1 I definitely struggled with most so i put in more time - I found it easier to start revision earlier but only revise in small amounts around my A2's. My exam was early June and I started going through it I'd say early May time. (this also include extra classes on the side). This managed to get me from an E to a B:biggrin:C1 I literally gave myself a couple of weeks, but I knew I could do it, it was just on the day last year I messed it up and got a C! Luckily with my resit I went up to an A :smile:

I was going to start C1/C2 revision this holidays and get it done by christmas. Was your exam board edexcel ?
Did you resit AS maths by any chance and what did you get after your resits if so?

oh no I did my AS levels this year but it was what Year 13s told me to do in the run up to the exams over and over again.
I was going to start C1/C2 revision this holidays and get it done by christmas. Was your exam board edexcel ?

i think its a good plan to do it that way too, still fresh in your mind from AS but also out the way by the time of A2 revision - as long as you keep going back to it now and again!
Yeah i did edexcel also
Any study tips to get an A grade- considering I am doing it for A2

Go on examsolutions.net for past paper walkthroughs and guides and do every possible paper including solomon and delphis.
i think its a good plan to do it that way too, still fresh in your mind from AS but also out the way by the time of A2 revision - as long as you keep going back to it now and again!
Yeah i did edexcel also

Thank you! By the way what other subjects did you do and did you resit any of them?
You are giving me confidence that I can improve.
Original post by nwmyname
oh no I did my AS levels this year but it was what Year 13s told me to do in the run up to the exams over and over again.

What did you get?
Thank you! By the way what other subjects did you do and did you resit any of them?
You are giving me confidence that I can improve.

I couldn't bring myself to do any resits, Maths were my only ones! had 9 exams all together though - I also did Physics and Biology
I couldn't bring myself to do any resits, Maths were my only ones! had 9 exams all together though - I also did Physics and Biology

Was it alot to cope with?
What did you get?

An A.
Do you mean UMS wise or just grade wise?

Quick Reply

Latest