The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mostly_Crazy
So I kind of decided I just needed to block everything out to survive results day, but now it's sunk in...

I got in! A*s in Psych and Maths, As in Bio and FM.

It doesn't feel real yet... anyone else feel the same?

I feel the same man, hasn't sunk in at all. It's been my dream for years and now it's actually a reality 😂 my mums been praying all morning

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EnglishMuon
Lol i could well get addicted to stocking up on H pencils but I'm planning on buying stuff there cus i thought it would be a little cheaper. Also saves carrying it all up with me

I'm buying the essentials over here, so I'll take pens, paper and folders with me. If I need anything else, I'll buy them over there..

I need to minimise what I take and bring back because I might be using the train
So I kind of decided I just needed to block everything out to survive results day, but now it's sunk in...

Congratulations.

Congrats! Looks like you won't be going crazy after all
Original post by Serine Soul
Congrats! Looks like you won't be going crazy after all

Well, if I'm not already, that is...

I'm guessing you got in too? Since success seems to be proportional to number of posts... :wink:
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
You never know until you've tried - there's nothing wrong with a little bit of ambition :wink:

(Your UMS for Physics is the same as mine so I would like to think they would accept you :biggrin: Also the fact that we took Edexcel Physics in the first place should be an extenuating circumstance :rofl:)

You NatScis are so nice! I had an extensive discussion with @samb1234 yesterday and it's gotten me excited to apply! :biggrin:

Hahahaha I'm sure Zacken and physicsmaths can relate as well. :rofl: Zacken was the closest amongst us, missing it by 5 UMS. :cry:
Well, if I'm not already, that is...

I'm guessing you got in too? Since success seems to be proportional to number of posts... :wink:

Yeah :smile:
Original post by Ayman!
You NatScis are so nice! I had an extensive discussion with @samb1234 yesterday and it's gotten me excited to apply! :biggrin:

Hahahaha I'm sure Zacken and physicsmaths can relate as well. :rofl: Zacken was the closest amongst us, missing it by 5 UMS. :cry:

5 UMS, that's crazy! 😰 I really want to know what happened with the papers now...
Original post by Ayman!

I was proper close aswell, missed it by 35 UMS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths

Posted from TSR Mobile

29 UMS - lol at me thinking I only dropped max 10 marks in each of the papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which papers are these?
Which papers are these?

Edexcel Physics - Units 4 and 5. In my school everyone who was on track for an A* achieved an A which confused us a lot
(edited 7 years ago)
How long does it take track to update after being taken from the pool?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Edexcel Physics - Units 4 and 5. In my school everyone who was on track for an A* achieved an A which confused us a lot

Oh yea, same with me! I somehow got a B in my unit 5 taking me down from A* to A overall. Don't know anyone with an A* overall
Lol i could well get addicted to stocking up on H pencils but I'm planning on buying stuff there cus i thought it would be a little cheaper. Also saves carrying it all up with me

Things are not any cheaper in Cambridge, I'm afraid. Not in the town anyway. Unfortunately Cambridge is not a cheap place to live, retail price-wise.
There's a branch of Staples just out of town centre and maybe a few discount shop in Grafton Centre (near Anglia Ruskin) and a few larger scale discount shop away from the town, I think, but not sure the amount of money you can save on stationary is worth the travelling time. You'll be very, very busy once you get to Cambridge, even before the term starts properly.
But yes, it does save carrying it all up. :wink:

I thought i got 75/80 in U4
My U5 was one mark lower then expected after looking at the MS but U4 was shocking tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vincrows
Things are not any cheaper in Cambridge, I'm afraid. Not in the town anyway. Unfortunately Cambridge is not a cheap place to live, retail price-wise.
There's a branch of Staples just out of town centre and maybe a few discount shop in Grafton Centre (near Anglia Ruskin) and a few larger scale discount shop away from the town, I think, but not sure the amount of money you can save on stationary is worth the travelling time. You'll be very, very busy once you get to Cambridge, even before the term starts properly.
But yes, it does save carrying it all up. :wink:

Ah ok thanks!
Ah ok thanks!

Try to get as many things you think you'll need as possible before you come to Cambridge. It'll make your life much easier when you start the most hectic and possibly most stressful few years in your life in an unfamiliar place! :biggrin:

Edit:
Porters will hate me for suggesting this, but one thing you can do AFTER you arrived in Cambridge and settled in is order things online and have them delivered to your college. Probably that's the easiest way to buy something cheap in bulk. (as long as they don't charge too much on P&P....)
(edited 7 years ago)
I thought i got 75/80 in U4
My U5 was one mark lower then expected after looking at the MS but U4 was shocking tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was 1 mark off an A in Unit 4 and 7 marks off an A in unit 5, so I literally have no clue what went wrong. I knew unit 5 was worse but not that bad! Oh well, UMS is only really useful when they accept people, once you get to uni I don't think they really care that much. Nailed that 100% in coursework tho 😂
Oh yea, same with me! I somehow got a B in my unit 5 taking me down from A* to A overall. Don't know anyone with an A* overall

@Student403 got an A* but that's pretty much it as far as I'm aware!
I got a high B in U4, a low B in U5 and full marks in the coursework, but I cannot think of how on earth that happened when I revised so hard for it :-/

Latest

Trending

Trending