The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
Starting to think I should've had Shaw in defence rather than DDG in goal. The young lad looks immense when he gets forward!

5.5 keepers are for casuals. Expected better of you.

Had Ibra captain until this morning then I thought "he'll score once but Kun could score twice" and switched. You know what that means don't you? Aguero hamstring injury after 34 minutes tomorrow.
Original post by sr90

Had Ibra captain until this morning then I thought "he'll score once but Kun could score twice" and switched. You know what that means don't you? Aguero hamstring injury after 34 minutes tomorrow.

Haha unlucky mate
Original post by sr90

My own fault tbh - wasn't sure who to get in goal so I defaulted to DDG.

Shawn looks solid and he gets forward so well - might bring him in using a FT if there isn't another change to make.

Yeah I have Aguero as captain (obviously). Even if he gets injured, the silver lining is that he can be swapped out to any other player (i.e: Benteke) and give a lot of cash free to spend on other areas of the pitch.
Aguero scores a pen this time.
A lot of people only have one of Zlatan or Aguero, so it's nice having both and not having the headache of working out how to fit both in. Need Aguero to score another to ensure I have a big score this week after having Shaw and Zlatan score double figures so far.
Weird pretty much all of the goals my players have scored have been penalties. Aguero twice hazard mahrez zlatan...guess it pays off having penalty takers in ur side

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guess only should captain either Aguero or Zlatan, the other vice whilst they are fit.
Original post by Gob Bluth
A lot of people only have one of Zlatan or Aguero, so it's nice having both and not having the headache of working out how to fit both in. Need Aguero to score another to ensure I have a big score this week after having Shaw and Zlatan score double figures so far.

Big assumption here that teams with both will outscore teams that deploy funds elsewhere
**** sake.
Reply 449
zlatan and aguero (c) paying off nicely
Original post by Mister Dead
Big assumption here that teams with both will outscore teams that deploy funds elsewhere

True, but it still causes a headache to see a player score 9+13 in first two weeks and you can't fit them in.

If I realised it was a early kick off I wouldn't have captained Aguero, but I'll take this so far. He's on fire at the moment form wise it seems.

I do tip Zlatan and Aguero to be inconsistent as the season goes on though, more injuries for Aguero and just general age for Zlatan.
Original post by UnWise
Ibra out for Benteke is a given for me next gw. Will have two free transfers, not sure who to get with the second. Tadic out for Firminho is tempting...Lamela is a decent shout as well.

Imo it's got to be Aguero, Benteke and Ibra. Can't stop former or latter.

That's exactly why I have them both too.

Aguero and Zlatan have 3 goals each already.
Yes they make take a quarter of your budget and yes it's still early, but nobody offers the same kind of consistency.

It's looking like at least 12/13 points for both Zlatan and Aguero, so if you captain one of them you'll end up with nearly 40 points from 2 players...

I should've had Shaw in defence rather than DDG in goal. I might make that transfer with a FT if I see nothing else to change.
True, but it still causes a headache to see a player score 9+13 in first two weeks and you can't fit them in.

If I realised it was a early kick off I wouldn't have captained Aguero, but I'll take this so far. He's on fire at the moment form wise it seems.

I do tip Zlatan and Aguero to be inconsistent as the season goes on though, more injuries for Aguero and just general age for Zlatan.

Early kick off being a terrible captain choice is a myth.*

Aguero isn't inconsistent, though. If he plays he does well. So an injury means you just sell. Ibra is class.

I'm on home captaincy rotation between Aguero and Ibra. Potential for 25-30 goals, because Aguero is so strong at home.
Original post by little_wizard123
Imo it's got to be Aguero, Benteke and Ibra. Can't stop former or latter.

I'm gonna see how games go this week and maybe make the change.

If Diomande does something again, I'll keep him because for £4.5m I don't think you'd have a better deal.
However I'm not liking Alli and I think Lamela might be a cheaper/better option.

Aguero isn't inconsistent, though. If he plays he does well. So an injury means you just sell. Ibra is class.

I'm on home captaincy rotation between Aguero and Ibra. Potential for 25-30 goals, because Aguero is so strong at home.

Yeah I'm going to do the home captaincy thing after today, just wanted to see how Zlatan was like after a few games before I captained him.

I cal Aguero inconsistent for injury reasons, when he's fit he's fantastic and he's capable of 30+ in the league if he was fit for the whole season which says enough.

Need to downgrade Deulofeu to a 6.1 or below to fit in Benteke for Long (who's been my bad pick). Redmond at 6.1 a good shout? Due to Long's impending drop I would need to take a 4 point hit to fit those together.
(edited 7 years ago)

Ibra will always score in a Mourinho team because he's a complete striker. Header, short range or long range; he can do it.
The first player since Suarez that could potentially usurp Aguero as captain choice.

Aguero is Aguero and will always score if you give him chances. That's exactly why I put a bet on for him to score a brace today.
Stupid question but if I bet on him to score a brace, will I only get a payout if he scores EXACTLY 2 goals, or will I still get it if he scores more?
Didn't captain Aguero ffs. Same happened last year when he scored 5. Hopefully he's done for the day now.
Original post by Lúcio
Ibra will always score in a Mourinho team because he's a complete striker. Header, short range or long range; he can do it.
The first player since Suarez that could potentially usurp Aguero as captain choice.

Aguero is Aguero and will always score if you give him chances. That's exactly why I put a bet on for him to score a brace today.
Stupid question but if I bet on him to score a brace, will I only get a payout if he scores EXACTLY 2 goals, or will I still get it if he scores more?

surely it's two or more? Can't imagine the rules would be exactly two. Just check the bet you made.
surely it's two or more? Can't imagine the rules would be exactly two. Just check the bet you made.

Yeah you're right, I've been paid out :biggrin:

I only put £5.60 on it (it was OCD to get my balance to a round figure), but I've taken away £30.80 so that's a nice profit.

Also have Aguero to score and City to win so unless they bottle it, I'll get paid out for that too :biggrin:

Started with £20 last weekend, already up to £65 :wink:

Latest