The Student Room Group

Volunteering at charity shop

How do you tell a charity shop you want to stop volunteering for them and after how many months/weeks is it a good time to stop volunteering?
Original post by Sophiesam771
How do you tell a charity shop you want to stop volunteering for them and after how many months/weeks is it a good time to stop volunteering?

Hmm.... I would just speak to the manager or supervisor and let them know that you no longer have the time to volunteer and that you are very sorry. I would say giving them at least two/three weeks notices so they are able to find somebody else. Also, it depends if you are on any contact or anything.

I don't think there needs to be a timeframe for which you have to volunteer. If you do not wish to or don't have the time then there is little that you can do. You don't have to be forced to do time, it sounds like doing prison time. People volunteer mostly because they have the time and like to do something nice. I wish you good luck!

I said that my a levels are getting harder and exams are closer
Just be honest really
And say that you're willing to help out when you can, just give me a ring

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3

There isn't a time frame to stop volunteering. You just tell them that you haven't got the time to volunteer anymore and that you are thankful for the experience. It is probably best to give about 2 weeks notice. ☺️
Original post by Sgt.Golden
Hmm.... I would just speak to the manager or supervisor and let them know that you no longer have the time to volunteer and that you are very sorry. I would say giving them at least two/three weeks notices so they are able to find somebody else. Also, it depends if you are on any contact or anything.

I don't think there needs to be a timeframe for which you have to volunteer. If you do not wish to or don't have the time then there is little that you can do. You don't have to be forced to do time, it sounds like doing prison time. People volunteer mostly because they have the time and like to do something nice. I wish you good luck!

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending