The Student Room Group

Physics or Physics with Mathematics?

The title says it all really, I have looked into both types of course however I'm not sure which would be the better choice. Any input or opinions on either course would be appreciated!
What does better choice mean? Neither is better than the other, it depends on whether you would prefer having the maths modules or whether you would prefer just doing physics (which will have some maths modules anyway, just not as many obviously)
Original post by _Anon'
The title says it all really, I have looked into both types of course however I'm not sure which would be the better choice. Any input or opinions on either course would be appreciated!

The "with" normally denotes a major/minor degree so mostly physics modules, you could look at "And" so a joint degree, or a maths with physics

Probably the Maths with will be more pure maths modules rather than applied maths so you can relate to the physics, There is a whole ream of variations of degrees, so need to look through a range of unis and the courses they offer (Theoretical or mathematical physics to name two more)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending