The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

North Hill Court, 2016/2017

Hey!

I know this is quite a small accommodation, but I thought it might be nice to make a thread for it and its accommodation offer holders seeing as I haven't found one yet! So, if you've got a room at North Hill Court, introduce yourself here!

I'm Beth, studying BSc Geography, and I'm in flat 7, room 1! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheTakers
Hey!

I know this is quite a small accommodation, but I thought it might be nice to make a thread for it and its accommodation offer holders seeing as I haven't found one yet! So, if you've got a room at North Hill Court, introduce yourself here!

Hey, did you receive your accommodation offer today?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by humzaakram1
Hey, did you receive your accommodation offer today?

Yes I did! Received an email about it at 10am.
I got my email today too! I'm Erin :smile: I'll be studying Biological Sciences and i'll be in 08.3 so i'm guessing that's flat 8 room 3? X
Reply 4
Original post by Melliflu0us
I got my email today too! I'm Erin :smile: I'll be studying Biological Sciences and i'll be in 08.3 so i'm guessing that's flat 8 room 3? X

Yep, I think that's right! Oooh, Biological Sciences! Sounds interesting! :biggrin:
Yep, I think that's right! Oooh, Biological Sciences! Sounds interesting! :biggrin:

I hope it is haha! Is your move in date the 14th September?
Reply 6
I hope it is haha! Is your move in date the 14th September?

Yeah it is!
Yeah it is!

Really looking forward to it!😄
Reply 8
Really looking forward to it!😄

Me too! I'm so excited but also so nervous! I met one friend on my course on the open day but he's like, in a completely different halls residence! Hoping my fellow flatmates are nice though I'm optimistic they will be! :smile:
Yeah same, i'm hoping once I'm all moved in the nerves will subside a bit! I'm sure they will be lovely!
Hey everyone I'm Tori and I'm in 14.3

I'm doing BA Politics and Social Policy. At the moment I've barely seen anyone from NHC and I haven't seen anyone doing my course :')
Reply 11
Hey guys, I'm Zoë - have been allocated flat 8, room 4 (the box room lol) and I'm going to be studying Dentistry^^

Tad nervy about accommodation cause I'm a bit of a neat freak, has anyone visited NHC in real life?

Curious to know what the bathrooms look like and the size of the kitchen compared to how it looks in the gallery
Reply 12
Original post by Houston_002
Hey everyone I'm Tori and I'm in 14.3

I'm doing BA Politics and Social Policy. At the moment I've barely seen anyone from NHC and I haven't seen anyone doing my course :':wink:

Hey Tori! Yeah, I've heard it's a SUPER small halls of residence so it's really hard finding people! Oh well, even knowing one or two is better than nobody at all!

Original post by Najika
Hey guys, I'm Zoë - have been allocated flat 8, room 4 (the box room lol) and I'm going to be studying Dentistry^^

Tad nervy about accommodation cause I'm a bit of a neat freak, has anyone visited NHC in real life?

Curious to know what the bathrooms look like and the size of the kitchen compared to how it looks in the gallery

Hiya Zoë! I'm in room 1 so I wonder how big the contrast is between rooms 1 and 4, haha! I haven't visited but I think the cleanliness should be fine as they are properly maintained by staff. Worst case scenario, we move in on the 14th (or I do, anyway!) and terms starts on the 19th so we have time to fix things up a little! Hopefully the bathrooms are alright though I don't think the kitchens are going to be much bigger. I read somewhere from other students that they really are quite small! Also, I think Melliflu0us is a flat mate of yours! :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Najika

Hi, yeah as Beth said I think we're in the same flat! I'm actually really glad to hear you're a bit of a neat freak because I am too when it comes to the kitchen and bathroom!
I think the kitchen will be small, is there a picture of the bathroom anywhere?
Reply 14
Hey Tori! Yeah, I've heard it's a SUPER small halls of residence so it's really hard finding people! Oh well, even knowing one or two is better than nobody at all!

Hiya Zoë! I'm in room 1 so I wonder how big the contrast is between rooms 1 and 4, haha! I haven't visited but I think the cleanliness should be fine as they are properly maintained by staff. Worst case scenario, we move in on the 14th (or I do, anyway!) and terms starts on the 19th so we have time to fix things up a little! Hopefully the bathrooms are alright though I don't think the kitchens are going to be much bigger. I read somewhere from other students that they really are quite small! Also, I think Melliflu0us is a flat mate of yours! :biggrin:

Think you're very lucky! From what I've read 1 is very large 2 and 3 are large and 4 is.... less so ha. Thank you! I'll try and get in touch with them. Think I'm moving in on the 17th, but I'm sure we'll make it fabulous :smile: :biggrin:
Reply 15
Hey guys. I'm Tanya but feel free to call me AJ. I'm doing classical studies and I'm in flat 20 room 4 :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by AJ_97
Hey guys. I'm Tanya but feel free to call me AJ. I'm doing classical studies and I'm in flat 20 room 4 :smile:

Hey AJ! Nice to meet you! <3
Reply 17
Hey!

Hi :smile: I'm Rhian, studying Nutrition, and I'm in flat 7 room 2 :biggrin:
Hi Rhian! Do you have facebook? We have a group chat.
Reply 19
Original post by Houston_002
Hi Rhian! Do you have facebook? We have a group chat.

Hi, yeah, I have facebook :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest