The Student Room Group

Predicted grade boundaries- 2016

What do you guys think the grade boundries wil be for any of your subjects?

(AQA) I think for physics unit 2, biology unit 1 the grade boundries will be low as they were pretty hard papers
However grade boundries for chemistry will be high as all papers were easy (maybe 50 for an A*)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
OCR (Computing) - Grade boundaries will definitely be high, the exam was far too easy compared to 2015.
OCR (Maths) - Grade boundaries will be low, both the higher tier and foundation tier papers were pretty damn hard.
AQA (Business Studies) - Grade boundaries would be somewhere inbetween, the paper was fairly smooth, apart from a handful of tricky questions).
Edexcel (IT) - Grade boundaries would be low, the questions were definitely tricky and a lot of people did struggle.
Edexcel (History) - No idea... A lot of mixed opinions about this paper, I'd assume that the boundaries would be somewhere inbetween high and low.
CIE IGCSE (English Language) - Grade boundaries will be decently mid-high, the paper was pretty smooth.
Edexcel (Additional Science) - Grade boundaries will DEFINITELY be low, like are you kidding, those papers were pretty damn hard.
AQA (English Literature) - Grade boundaries will be high, the questions were pretty damn good.
Original post by Vyres
OCR (Computing) - Grade boundaries will definitely be high, the exam was far too easy compared to 2015.
OCR (Maths) - Grade boundaries will be low, both the higher tier and foundation tier papers were pretty damn hard.
AQA (Business Studies) - Grade boundaries would be somewhere inbetween, the paper was fairly smooth, apart from a handful of tricky questions).
Edexcel (IT) - Grade boundaries would be low, the questions were definitely tricky and a lot of people did struggle.
Edexcel (History) - No idea... A lot of mixed opinions about this paper, I'd assume that the boundaries would be somewhere inbetween high and low.
CIE IGCSE (English Language) - Grade boundaries will be decently mid-high, the paper was pretty smooth.
Edexcel (Additional Science) - Grade boundaries will DEFINITELY be low, like are you kidding, those papers were pretty damn hard.
AQA (English Literature) - Grade boundaries will be high, the questions were pretty damn good.

Do you have any grade boundary predictions for computing and maths?
Reply 3
Just wait for a few more days you will know the actual grade boundaries. No need for predictions at this point tbh
Reply 4
Original post by miraclemuokebe
Do you have any grade boundary predictions for computing and maths?

Actually I have a very strong prediction for computing. My computing teacher was a ex-OCR Examiner/Moderator. His predictions for me to achieve the following grades were as followed (my teacher usually always has a very firm prediction, and 9.5/10 is right with what he predicts).

Coursework (A453): A
Coursework (A452): A (I don't know if my teacher remarked this coursework, would definitely go to an A* if he did, if not i'll appeal it on results day if I don't get an A overall in computing)

His predictions for me, keeping in mind I got 2 A's in the coursework

The below shows how many marks I'd need in A451 (the written exam) to achieve the respective grades.

C = 7-15 Marks, B = 15-20 Marks, A = 30-40 Marks, A* = 40-50 Marks

I'm sure if you insert your own coursework grades instead of mine, you can get a good idea of how many marks you'd need to get the grade you want.

As for OCR Maths, my personal prediction (along with some discussion with my teachers and friends are as follows)

C = 64-67 Marks/200, B = 99-102 Marks/200, A = 134-137 Marks/200, A* = 165-167 Marks/200

I may be off with the maths marks but, a lot of my teachers agreed that the exam this year was much harder, and that it's extremely likely that the grade boundaries will be slightly lower than before.

I hope this helps. :smile:
Original post by Vyres

I hope IT is low!! Fingers crossed!! And I thought add science biology was okay apart from the six markers and chemistry personally was okay but the last 6 marker was awful and physics was deffo hard!!!! Hope the physics boundaries are as low as donald trumps iq
Reply 6
Original post by Theworriedbanana
I hope IT is low!! Fingers crossed!! And I thought add science biology was okay apart from the six markers and chemistry personally was okay but the last 6 marker was awful and physics was deffo hard!!!! Hope the physics boundaries are as low as donald trumps iq

Lol! The chemistry was apparently where everyone struggled, which leads me to believe that the grade boundaries would be low. Also, that IT exam lol! I honestly would doubt if the grade boundaries for that exam would be high, last years exam was equally difficult and the grade boundaries for 2015 were pretty damn low. To be honest I'm 99% confident with the fact that the IT boundaries will be low, i'm sure we have nothing to worry about! By the way, what did you get for your IT coursework?
Original post by Vyres
Lol! The chemistry was apparently where everyone struggled, which leads me to believe that the grade boundaries would be low. Also, that IT exam lol! I honestly would doubt if the grade boundaries for that exam would be high, last years exam was equally difficult and the grade boundaries for 2015 were pretty damn low. To be honest I'm 99% confident with the fact that the IT boundaries will be low, i'm sure we have nothing to worry about! By the way, what did you get for your IT coursework?

I got a B, i really want an A overall though :frown:
Original post by Vyres

Nah this year's paper was so much worse!
Reply 9
Original post by Theworriedbanana
I got a B, i really want an A overall though :frown:

I managed to get an A. I swear to god I had the *****est IT teacher in the world. She literally gave me and the rest of the class little to no support. If her lazy ass could actually teach, then I'm sure with her support I could of gotten an A*. I'd be gutted if I wasn't to an A overall, because god knows I basically did that entire IT coursework all by myself, whilst our useless teacher was keeping up to date with her emails.
Reply 10
Original post by surina16
Nah this year's paper was so much worse!

I'm sorry but you're wrong there... Have you seen 2015s paper? It was absolutely ridiculous compared to this years.
Original post by Vyres
I'm sorry but you're wrong there... Have you seen 2015s paper? It was absolutely ridiculous compared to this years.

Apart from the algorithm question I thought it was alright tbh.
This year's paper focussed on the most obscure topics and the algorithm was difficult too. Also, more people are taking Computing now (not just the private school kids like it was at the beginning of the specification) so the boundaries definitely shouldn't be like they used to (72/80 for A* etc)
Reply 12
Apart from the algorithm question I thought it was alright tbh.
This year's paper focussed on the most obscure topics and the algorithm was difficult too. Also, more people are taking Computing now (not just the private school kids like it was at the beginning of the specification) so the boundaries definitely shouldn't be like they used to (72/80 for A* etc)

I mean speaking to a lot of teachers, friends ect they all agreed that this years paper was far easier. The stuff they included in this years was just way simpler, especially the algorithm question... I guess we can agree to disagree.
Original post by Vyres
I mean speaking to a lot of teachers, friends ect they all agreed that this years paper was far easier. The stuff they included in this years was just way simpler, especially the algorithm question... I guess we can agree to disagree.

Yeah fair enough lol. I guess it just depends what topics you're stronger at and stuff - all my weak topics came up in our paper :redface:
I'm trying to work out what grade I may get for WJEC English Language Higher GCSE. I got 87/100 on my coursework which is an A but what would I need to get in my exams to end up getting an A overall? x
Reply 15
Yeah fair enough lol. I guess it just depends what topics you're stronger at and stuff - all my weak topics came up in our paper :redface:

I can't remember this question I'm thinking of in the 2015 paper, I sadly don't know where I put my copy of the paper, but I remember it having a machine code or op code question? I definitely would of got a straight 0 for that, I didn't revise that stuff at all. I'm still surprised that a question involving network topologies or software didn't come up. God knows that a software question would of been easy marks.
Reply 16
Original post by katiecatp
I'm trying to work out what grade I may get for WJEC English Language Higher GCSE. I got 87/100 on my coursework which is an A but what would I need to get in my exams to end up getting an A overall? x

You're gonna need a strong B/low A so around 75% of the total marks of the paper
Original post by Vyres
I can't remember this question I'm thinking of in the 2015 paper, I sadly don't know where I put my copy of the paper, but I remember it having a machine code or op code question? I definitely would of got a straight 0 for that, I didn't revise that stuff at all. I'm still surprised that a question involving network topologies or software didn't come up. God knows that a software question would of been easy marks.

I have the paper here if you want it haha
See it's weird because I loved that question when it came up :lol: That's the kind of stuff I'm more confident on tbh which is annoying (for all of my subjects I preferred the 2015 papers so I think I was born in the wrong year :colondollar:)
We were all praying for a topology question so it was heartbreaking to reach the end of the paper having not seen one :biggrin: - oh and logic gates :redface:
Reply 18
I have the paper here if you want it haha
See it's weird because I loved that question when it came up :lol: That's the kind of stuff I'm more confident on tbh which is annoying (for all of my subjects I preferred the 2015 papers so I think I was born in the wrong year :colondollar:)
We were all praying for a topology question so it was heartbreaking to reach the end of the paper having not seen one :biggrin: - oh and logic gates :redface:

OMG YES! How was there no logic gate question? WTF! Logic gates are literally the more easiest things in the world. I was praying for a 3-4 mark logic gate quesiton, but obviously the universe only ever gives me the opposite of what I want... Thanks for the paper btw :smile:.
B1 45 A*
36 A
27 b
18 C
I believe

Quick Reply

Latest