The Student Room Group

URGENT: Exams centre forgot to cash in

I was contacted by UCAS yesterday and they asked me to clarify my A level subjects. I took A2 French, Economics and Maths. They have access to my French and Economics grades but they're unable to access my Maths grade because my exams officer forgot to cash in the subject. I was unable to get ahold of her yesterday, which means the earliest she'll be able to cash it on will be Monday. Then obviously there'll be some delay in Edexcel cashing it in, the grade being sent to UCAS and it being sent to my prospective university. This possibly the uni not getting my grade by results day, resulting in me being rejected because as far as they're concerned, I haven't fulfilled my offer. Obviously this is adding extra undue stress to my life in the approach to results day. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Any suggestions about what I can do?
Original post by james_alexnder
I was contacted by UCAS yesterday and they asked me to clarify my A level subjects. I took A2 French, Economics and Maths. They have access to my French and Economics grades but they're unable to access my Maths grade because my exams officer forgot to cash in the subject. I was unable to get ahold of her yesterday, which means the earliest she'll be able to cash it on will be Monday. Then obviously there'll be some delay in Edexcel cashing it in, the grade being sent to UCAS and it being sent to my prospective university. This possibly the uni not getting my grade by results day, resulting in me being rejected because as far as they're concerned, I haven't fulfilled my offer. Obviously this is adding extra undue stress to my life in the approach to results day. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Any suggestions about what I can do?

Your universities will be informed that your results are incomplete (and so shouldn't make any decisions until the results are sorted or they can speak to you on results day).

But to be sure ring up the admissions phone number today and tomorrow (there will be people in but they might not answer) and if you don't get through then 9am Monday just to be sure they know there's a problem, UCAS have contacted you and that you're chasing your exams officer to get it sorted out ASAP.

Don't panic! This is pretty common and shouldn't cause any major issues.
Reply 2
I'm in a worse position than you. All three of my A Levels haven't been cashed in. I'm chasing them up, they told me it should be sorted and usually takes 2 working days but could take longer in busy periods and they're definitely going to be busy now :frown:
Reply 3
Keep me updated with your situation and I'll do the same with mine! :smile:
Original post by Passc3c4
Keep me updated with your situation and I'll do the same with mine! :smile:

Glad there's somebody else going through the same thing! My exam centre has only just requested the cash in, so it won't be done in time for results day, I'm assuming. I contacted the University of Leeds and told the admissions tutor for my course about what has happened. She told me to email her a photograph of the results as soon as I get them on Thursday and she'll try to get back to me as soon as possible confirming whether or not I have a place. Which is super annoying because my entry requirements are ABB and I just know I'll have the annoying AAC. I hope everything works out for you!
Reply 5
Original post by james_alexnder
Glad there's somebody else going through the same thing! My exam centre has only just requested the cash in, so it won't be done in time for results day, I'm assuming. I contacted the University of Leeds and told the admissions tutor for my course about what has happened. She told me to email her a photograph of the results as soon as I get them on Thursday and she'll try to get back to me as soon as possible confirming whether or not I have a place. Which is super annoying because my entry requirements are ABB and I just know I'll have the annoying AAC. I hope everything works out for you!

I wish you all the luck in the world!
Reply 6
Univeristy offer is valid until 31st august. This means you have until 31st aug to sort anything out. You should have plenty of time. Dont worry!
My results only went through cash-in after about 5 hour from when UCAS was supposed to update. Now my UCAS still hasn't update and one university rejected becaue they could only see my last year overall grades and this years modules grades all seperately. UCAS says it should update by tomorrow. Lets see what happens.

Best thing to do is call up the university that you were rejected by and explain the whole cash-in process and whats going on with your current situation.

Let me know if you got this sorted please! I need to know how long this cash-in process takes. :cry:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Hi, mine was sorted out in time for results day! The uni should hold your place until the confirm your results, as long as you notify them! Good luck!
Original post by undercxver
My results only went through cash-in after about 5 hour from when UCAS was supposed to update. Now my UCAS still hasn't update and one university rejected becaue they could only see my last year overall grades and this years modules grades all seperately. UCAS says it should update by tomorrow. Lets see what happens.

Best thing to do is call up the university that you were rejected by and explain the whole cash-in process and whats going on with your current situation.

Let me know if you got this sorted please! I need to know how long this cash-in process takes. :cry:

Same thing happened to me.
I got rejected from qmul and only after realised theg didn't have my grades. I got BBB which I thought would be enough but they said it was too low. I feel as though they only rejected me coz there was no space on the course by the time my results went through :frown:
Original post by Kittykatmai
Same thing happened to me.
I got rejected from qmul and only after realised theg didn't have my grades. I got BBB which I thought would be enough but they said it was too low. I feel as though they only rejected me coz there was no space on the course by the time my results went through :frown:

Oh no I'm so sorry about that. Did you try giving QMUL a call and asking for a place? Worth a shot. Oh and try to call before 11am otherwise you'll be on the line for QMUL for ages!

If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take for your results to update on ucas? When did the cash-in take place? I'm scared I'm going to lose my place. :bawling:
Oh no I'm so sorry about that. Did you try giving QMUL a call and asking for a place? Worth a shot. Oh and try to call before 11am otherwise you'll be on the line for QMUL for ages!

If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take for your results to update on ucas? When did the cash-in take place? I'm scared I'm going to lose my place. :bawling:

Well I called everyone on results day and in the end queens said they'd accept my results being sent from my school via email. They said that they would give me my space if my grades were good. When they saw I got BBB, they replied in less than 10mins saying i got rejected.

Have you called the uni up? Ask them to keep your space till it updates, it's not your fault.

I just realised its not that they weren't cashed in, I don't think.... My grades weren't sent at all....
Original post by Kittykatmai
Well I called everyone on results day and in the end queens said they'd accept my results being sent from my school via email. They said that they would give me my space if my grades were good. When they saw I got BBB, they replied in less than 10mins saying i got rejected.

Have you called the uni up? Ask them to keep your space till it updates, it's not your fault.

I just realised its not that they weren't cashed in, I don't think.... My grades weren't sent at all....

Oh no. Maybe you could call in a couple of days as their criteria seems to change and hopefully they'll havs a space.

I did call up the university got told to email and wait. Its so confusing explain the cash-in process to them fgs.

You know if your results weren't cashed-in they can see your last year results. 😢 When did your results get cashed-in then? So have you got a reply back from both your firm and insurance yet? Or just one?
Oh no. Maybe you could call in a couple of days as their criteria seems to change and hopefully they'll havs a space.

I did call up the university got told to email and wait. Its so confusing explain the cash-in process to them fgs.

You know if your results weren't cashed-in they can see your last year results. 😢 When did your results get cashed-in then? So have you got a reply back from both your firm and insurance yet? Or just one?

I'm wondering if my problem was anything to do with cashing in now 😅 coz all my units were calculated, it's just my overall A-level wasn't sent. Queens was my firm, they rejected me but I did get my insurance which was Kent.

I applied for biomedical sciences and the course is really popular so doubt anything's gonna change :l

Hopefully they're reserving your space!! Were your grades enough to get you the place? If so don't worry, hopefully they'll give it to you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending