The Student Room Group

Unconditional Offer for Accounting and Management

Hi,

I've received an unconditional offer for my Insurance choice in July, although it was a conditional offer in December and that's why I made this university my second choice.

I've completed my BTEC Extended Diploma in L3 and achieved triple D* and knew the results before I left the college in June. I phoned the university of Insurance choice and was told that they made me an unconditional offer based on my BTEC grades. Besides, I am still waiting for my GCSE results which will be published next week and my Firm choice and Insurance choice would receive them and then make a final decision. My UCAS status still maintaining that I am guaranteed a place by my Insurance choice.

I would like to know that if my English grade does not meet my Insurance choice,but met all other requirements, can I still get the place in Accounting and Managment?
Thanks.
Original post by Wong9596
Hi,

I've received an unconditional offer for my Insurance choice in July, although it was a conditional offer in December and that's why I made this university my second choice.

I've completed my BTEC Extended Diploma in L3 and achieved triple D* and knew the results before I left the college in June. I phoned the university of Insurance choice and was told that they made me an unconditional offer based on my BTEC grades. Besides, I am still waiting for my GCSE results which will be published next week and my Firm choice and Insurance choice would receive them and then make a final decision. My UCAS status still maintaining that I am guaranteed a place by my Insurance choice.

I would like to know that if my English grade does not meet my Insurance choice,but met all other requirements, can I still get the place in Accounting and Managment?
Thanks.

Unconditional means no conditions, which means all you have to do is accept.

You could ofc just check with your insurance, to make sure you understood it correctly.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger

You could ofc just check with your insurance, to make sure you understood it correctly.

Hi, thank you for replying to my question. Yes, I checked with the university of Insurance choice and then was told that I can still get the place if I don't get accept by my Firm Choice.
Reply 3

By the way, would my Insurance choice change mind next week after received my all results? as my insurance choice is one of my favourite universities. I would put my Insurance choice as a firm choice if they offered me an unconditional offer earlier.
By the way, would my Insurance choice change mind next week after received my all results? as my insurance choice is one of my favourite universities. I would put my Insurance choice as a firm choice if they offered me an unconditional offer earlier.

If you want to go to your insurance rather than your firm, then let them know, get your firm to release you and accpet the insurance.

The insurance unconditional offer remains open to be accepted until they decide to withdraw it. You cna check with the insurance whether there is any time limit.
Reply 5
If you want to go to your insurance rather than your firm, then let them know, get your firm to release you and accpet the insurance.

The insurance unconditional offer remains open to be accepted until they decide to withdraw it. You cna check with the insurance whether there is any time limit.

Is there any possibility that my insurance choice would withdraw the decision? as all my gcse results will be published and received by uni next week. Now my UCAS still maintaining the status of July's which means that I can not go to any clearing. What if I phone the firm choice next Monday, and ask them to release the decision, could I accept my insurance choice immediately?
Is there any possibility that my insurance choice would withdraw the decision? as all my gcse results will be published and received by uni next week. Now my UCAS still maintaining the status of July's which means that I can not go to any clearing. What if I phone the firm choice next Monday, and ask them to release the decision, could I accept my insurance choice immediately?

They always have that option, but its unlikely. the only way of knowing for certain is to contact them and ask or they may have said your offer remains open til x date.

1. Decide which one you wish to go to. Your main or insurance.

2. Ring UCAS and explain what you wish to do. They can tell you the correct order of things.

3, If its frim and you still wish to go there and you get the grades, then you wont have to do anything.

4. If you switch to insurance then you should let your insurance know and check with them the correct procedure, so they are in the loop, then ring UCAS to check the correct order of things. It may be they will tell you to ring your main to ask to be released, then you can recontact the insurance and accept.

Ring your insurance and check the offer will remain open. I am not them and only they cna decide. I would say its highly unlikely, but they cna tell you 100% as only they have the power to withdraw the offer.
Reply 8
Ring your insurance and check the offer will remain open. I am not them and only they cna decide. I would say its highly unlikely, but they cna tell you 100% as only they have the power to withdraw the offer.

Yes. I actually phoned my insurance on Friday and they said you can offer me a place if my firm choice doesn't take me, but I forgot to ask them about what if I got one subject grade lower than their requirements, would they still consider me?

As my insurance choice made me an unconditional offer in July after I set my firm choice and instance in December, so I didn't get the chance to change my insurance to firm, and therefore I now have to wait for the results. I wanted to go to my firm choice in December, that's why I did...
Reply 9

Hi. I also contacted UCAS on FB yesterday, and show them my UCAS image and they said my place is confirmed as saw my pics. As there is no more conditional letter that was related to my unconditional offer, apart from the one I received in Dec.
You are making this more complicated than it needs to be.

1. Decide which uni you wnat to go to. If its your firm then you will have to wait and see if you meet the requirements,
2. If its the insurance, then follow the advice I have already given you.
Reply 11
You are making this more complicated than it needs to be.

1. Decide which uni you wnat to go to. If its your firm then you will have to wait and see if you meet the requirements,
2. If its the insurance, then follow the advice I have already given you.

Ok thanksss

Quick Reply