The Student Room Group

STEP Prep Thread 2016 (Mark. II)

Scroll to see replies

I think CIE and STEP have the most accurate and professional examiner team, where AQA being the worst.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How can we get a photocopy of our scripts?
Reply 3222
Original post by cogito.
I think CIE and STEP have the most accurate and professional examiner team, where AQA being the worst.

Posted from TSR Mobile

STEP is marked by graduate students in the CMS. :tongue: - not to mention that STEP has the benefit of there only being a thousand or so scripts per paper, whilst mainstream A-Levels have a lot more papers to mark. CIE is relatively unpopular, so has few scripts as well.
Original post by Zacken
STEP is marked by graduate students in the CMS. :tongue: - not to mention that STEP has the benefit of there only being a thousand or so scripts per paper, whilst mainstream A-Levels have a lot more papers to mark. CIE is relatively unpopular, so has few scripts as well.

I agree but the number of workloads should not be the reason for such low quality marking! (AQA thats you), remember they are companies and we have paid for it!
Original post by Zacken
CIE is relatively unpopular, so has few scripts as well.

Nonononono! CIE is accurate because my wife is an examiner for them! :biggrin:
Reply 3225
Original post by cogito.
I agree but the number of workloads should not be the reason for such low quality marking! (AQA thats you), remember they are companies and we have paid for it!

Fair enough.

Original post by Gregorius
Nonononono! CIE is accurate because my wife is an examiner for them! :biggrin:

Haha, so that's where you get it from? :wink:
Reply 3226
Original post by LondonGamer
How can we get a photocopy of our scripts?

Don't think you can.
Original post by Zacken

For the CIE P3 paper zone 2, there were about 20 examiners with 600+ scripts each = at least 12000 scripts, so not all that few.
Original post by Christ's Admissions
Thanks to @gsckmom for bringing this to my attention. There were some errors in the marking of a few STEP scripts this year but the numbers were small an have already been rectified. As the email says one can request remarks of A Levels but not of STEP. As gsckmom says, we have access to the scripts and in borderline cases look very closely at them. I'm sorry that you were unsuccessful, I was in the Maths Poolside meeting and was disappointed that you weren't picked out. Best of luck for what comes next.

Were the errors rectified prior to results being issued to students?
Original post by shamika

Erm I don't know the exact details but after results one person who had 1 got called up and they said he has an S instead and another person on here had a 3 diwgraded to a U.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Damn.
Imagine if get an email saying i got 2,2,2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah as soon as I saw that I imagined someone who had narrowly hit their offer getting an email saying their grade went down and they lost their Cambridge place. Although I highly doubt they'd change their mind after finding out the student lost a couple marks.
Original post by shamika

No I got an email the day after results day, saying my grade has been down graded after a check
Original post by shamika

I believe the errors were reported to students on Thursday, having been identified on Wednesday. As far as I am aware only four grades were changed as a result of the errors.
I believe the errors were reported to students on Thursday, having been identified on Wednesday. As far as I am aware only four grades were changed as a result of the errors.

1 was at christs right? Improved to an S?
Can't believe we know 2 of them!
What were the errors, ie how did they occur, wasnit oncorrect marking or clerical errors?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What were the errors, ie how did they occur, wasnit oncorrect marking or clerical errors?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know how to fill the STEP results in UCAS? Do we need to input the marks or just gardes
(edited 7 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't really answer in that level of detail without compromising individual applicants' anonymity. Sorry.
I can't really answer in that level of detail without compromising individual applicants' anonymity. Sorry.

Oh ok, he just told me so nvm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cogito.
Do you know how to fill the STEP results in UCAS? Do we need to input the marks or just gardes

Its just grades iirc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh ok, he just told me so nvm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's ok. It's the candidate's prerogative to tell you, not mine! :smile:
That's ok. It's the candidate's prerogative to tell you, not mine! :smile:

Yep!
A slightly more general question.
Were number of 1,1+ increased this year?
Obviously the student room is not a good sample but it seems alot of people got 1,1+. Were number generally the same at other years?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending