The Student Room Group

Would you ask her out again?

I know this girl from my college and to make a long story short, this is what have happened so far, which is not much.

1: We have often talked about getting a beer together and i once texted her if she was going out, she wasn't so i texted: "Then i don't have to feel bad about not buying you that beer" and she said "Why not? I was looking forward to that beer :-D" and i responded "I am not going out either".
2: I asked her out for coffee once, but she was too busy that week because something bad had happened in her family and she needed to spend more time with them. I thought it was just a bad excuse, but something bad had happened - but i still said that if she wanted to do something once, she could let me know.
3: As the last thing, on a friday night she texted me and asked if i was out tonight, and she never got around to answer back, i answered her some hours after she texted so she was probably too drunk at that time.

I have tried to forget about her, but i really like her and last night i was out at a bar and we ended up snapchatting for 3 hours, so my interest sparked again.. She has just started as an intern at a company, and when we snapped, i said that we have to see each other once, and she replied that work life have started, going out on weekends was over. As in going out to bars and clubs. I thought "Well she closed me down", but i said i couldn't promise i wouldn't ask her again and she said she had a deadline monday, but would rather be out right now.

I feel like she shuts me down, and then opens up again. I am probably overanalyzing this, but i feel that there could be connection? Our friends from college have asked us a couple of times if we had something going on, and friend even said to both of us if we had something going on, because he and a female friend had talked about us being good together. So i am thinking its not just me who have given them that impression?

But my question: Would you ask her out again?

I have asked something similar before if you recognize any of this.
Reply 1
Original post by Foo.mp3
Rule #1: Never ask. I'd tell her: "Right missy, we're grabbing that drink next week! When's good? :tongue:"

I should do that and be confident. I am definetly going to ask her, just trying to figure out what to say. But it should be like you said. I am in an overanalyzing state right now, so i am afraid that she will feel like i am bossing her around. But that is the wrong mentality, to care too much about what she thinks and wants, instead of what i want.

Am i wrong about that is sending mixed signales by the way? She doesn't feel completely uninterested, thats the vibe i am getting. I just wish i could read her.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by kasey008
Am i wrong about that is sending mixed signales by the way?

All you're doing is texting and exchanging pics. Meet up in real life and THEN you can start seeing what signals are out there. :smile:
Reply 3
She might be interested but not once has she ever asked to reschedule she probably enjoys your attention that's why she messages you but if she cared she would spend time with you or make the effort.
If I were you I would back off and stop contacting her and meet other women if she cares or had feelings for you she would make an effort which she ain't doing.*
Reply 4
I think op should back off and let her make more of an effort everytime a plan is made she dosent want to hang out or reschedule.*
Reply 5
Original post by chikane
I think op should back off and let her make more of an effort everytime a plan is made she dosent want to hang out or reschedule.*

I hear you.. But she did ask me i i was out once, i just answered late. I really only asked her to hang out once.

Two days ago, i just asked if she was going out friday night, and it could be fun to run into each other.

I need to ask her out, properly, not making it sound like if you are going then we can meet up. Really ask her out.

But i get what you are saying, i will adjust my expectations, but they weren't that high anyway.
What sort of internship completely encompasses weekends? I would just call her and say 'let's get drinks/dinner on Saturday....You'll be able to tell better over the phone if she's just blowing you off...
Reply 7
Original post by Ellipses
What sort of internship completely encompasses weekends? I would just call her and say 'let's get drinks/dinner on Saturday....You'll be able to tell better over the phone if she's just blowing you off...

It is her first week, she is someone who really obsesses over doing a good job. One time she wouldn't go out with some from college on a saturday night because we had a final on wednesday. She needed to be fresh to prepare.
Reply 8
fuk her
It's a no from me
Original post by Foo.mp3
These things are probably related. Most women want a guy who knows what he wants and is not afraid to say it. If she blows you out so what? At least you can say you tried, then move on to the next! :horse:

Think op is a woman?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending