The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alevelstresss
Did you miss the part where I said "who indirectly supports terrorism without even knowing it"?

You, thinking that Islam is a violent religion, is in agreement with all Islamist militant groups - and your aggressive hatred for Islam contributes towards Muslims feeling segregated and therefore becoming radicalised. You support terrorism indirectly.

We're not the ones going around raping women or murdering children in the streets looking at fireworks. Tell that to your reasoning, assuming you have any, I doubt.
Reply 101
Original post by KingBradly

It's funny you criticise him for being a fascist, when in reality the Qu'ran and the Hadiths support values and ideas that are even more ultra-conservative and extreme-right than Mussolini's. The cognitive dissonance of people who defend Islam in the name of liberalism is incredible. It's like defending Stalinism in the name of libertarianism.

On the other hand, it's peculiar how those most against Islam are those most whose beliefs are most ideologically similar
Only if we can have a counter call

I witness old mo was a pedo (4 times)
There is no god (2 times)
I witness old mo was a pedo (4 times)
and at the last one
I'm off down the pub for a bacon butty and a beer as that's better than wasting your time praying (2 times)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Harold Godwinson
We're not the ones going around raping women or murdering children in the streets looking at fireworks. Tell that to your reasoning, assuming you have any, I doubt.

Neither are 1.6 billion Muslims

but apparently their ideological connection makes them personally responsible for the actions of hateful people who have no care for the rest of Muslims.
Not a chance in hell. See, this is one of the various reasons why people dislike Islam: it demands special treatment in non-Muslim countries. Imagine if the same was asked about Christianity in the Middle East, despite their not-insignificant population you'd be lucky not to be arrested for even suggesting the idea!
Re-evaluate your stance because its unrepresentative of your nationalistic views.

There's a difference between nationalism and patriotism in the face of an ever fading British culture and identity, having to tip toe around anyone different, for fear of "offending them". Take your brain to the shop, you need a look over.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pinkberry_y
I'm not saying it's wrong for them to pray 5 times a day. There's nothing wrong with that and they are more than welcome to. But the whole country shouldn't have to listen to call out prayers 5 times a day everyday when the majority aren't Muslim. If we did that, we would have to have call out prayers or something similar for every religion to make it fair

I do agree but the call is very specific and the one thing is says is there is no god but allah (not really acceptable daily broadcast stuff in a multi faith country)
Neither are 1.6 billion Muslims

but apparently their ideological connection makes them personally responsible for the actions of hateful people who have no care for the rest of Muslims.

The terrorists are following what the quoran or whatever the hell its called how it was intended. That's what I call a Muslim.
Reply 109
I don't think there are 3 million practicing Muslims in the UK. Most only do it because of peer pressure.

A good Muslim shouldn't have to be called for prayer anyway. :biggrin:
Reply 110
There's a difference between nationalism and patriotism in the face of an ever fading British culture and identity, having to tip toe around anyone different, for fear of "offending them". Take your brain to the shop, you need a look over.

Assuming you're not a troll, apart from being disgustingly authoritarian, banning Islam would most likely just increase extremism.
Original post by Pra99
oh come on, seriously? Dont they realise that England isnt a Muslim country?

Yet.
What the actual ****?

If it pisses these idiots off so much to see Christmas decorations, for sure they can't at the same time want to bombard us with that filth?
Did you miss the part where I said "who indirectly supports terrorism without even knowing it"?

Why would I acknowledge some baseless rubbish?

You, thinking that Islam is a violent religion, is in agreement with all Islamist militant groups - and your aggressive hatred for Islam contributes towards Muslims feeling segregated and therefore becoming radicalised. You support terrorism indirectly.

So do you think having calls to prayer blasting over Muslim communities in the UK will make them more or less isolated, more or less integrated, and more or less radicalised? I won't bow down to terrorists and defend or refuse to criticise a belief system which I find utterly abhorrent.

And fascism is a modern ideology. Islam was written for a completely different society 1500 years ago. Thankfully the excessive majority of Muslims agree to ignore the violence in the Quran and live perfectly peaceful lives because they are aware of this blatant fact.

Yes thankfully many Muslims don't acknowledge the most violent parts. Those parts still exist though, and are worth criticising. Furthermore, while it's true that very few Muslims actually support terrorism, hundreds of millions of Muslims are homophobic, sexist, and antisemitic. Which is up to them, I completely believe they should be entitled to their views. However, I shall criticise them and their religion, as I am entitled to my own views too.
Original post by Josb
I don't think there are 3 million practicing Muslims in the UK. Most only do it because of peer pressure.

A good Muslim shouldn't have to be called for prayer anyway. :biggrin:

quite and this is used as a tool to make sure 'muslims' are kept in line

shame given most came here to escape such stupidity
@NickLCFC why you trying to troll fam? Anyone who pays any attention to the relgion forum knows you're massively anti-Islam. Stop trying to stir up hate and anger
The terrorists are following what the quoran or whatever the hell its called how it was intended. That's what I call a Muslim.

So are the terrorists also following the Quran when it quite clearly forbids aggressive warfare and forbids killing child/female prisoners of war, or when it prohibits terror for ideological purposes?

If the problem is people cherry-picking what to follow, then the fault is with the people and not the ideology.
So are the terrorists also following the Quran when it quite clearly forbids aggressive warfare and forbids killing child/female prisoners of war, or when it prohibits terror for ideological purposes?

If the problem is people cherry-picking what to follow, then the fault is with the people and not the ideology.

The quoran quite clearly states the verse "All non believers must convert or die". Doesn't sound like a peaceful religion to me.
Original post by KingBradly
Why would I acknowledge some baseless rubbish?

So do you think having calls to prayer blasting over Muslim communities in the UK will make them more or less isolated, more or less integrated, and more or less radicalised? I won't bow down to terrorists and defend or refuse to criticise a belief system which I find utterly abhorrent.

Yes thankfully many Muslims don't acknowledge the most violent parts. Those parts still exist though, and are worth criticising. Furthermore, while it's true that very few Muslims actually support terrorism, hundreds of millions of Muslims are homophobic, sexist, and antisemitic. Which is up to them, I completely believe they should be entitled to their views. However, I shall criticise them and their religion, as I am entitled to my own views too.

Because I laid out a clear pathway of how the collective ignorance of people like you alienates Muslims, which makes them susceptible to isolation and therefore more likely to sympathise with radical beliefs. But logic is probably something you have long since thrown out the window.

And I am against this petition, because it would be noisy and disruptive, not because I want to incriminate Islam with all of my petty life problems - most of which are the conservative government's fault.

Go ahead and criticise, I encourage religious criticism, but you are hating on it - which is slightly different.
The quoran quite clearly states the verse "All non believers must convert or die". Doesn't sound like a peaceful religion to me.

so are the 1.6 billion Muslims who have NEVER done this all bad Muslims? especially the ones living amongst us non-believers?

your logic is flawed

Latest

Trending

Trending