The Student Room Group

Alcohol, how true is this...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jessicaac
I wish I could tell noticeable differences between the alcohol I consume
The only things I know is JD&Coke gives me hiccups and cider makes me pee continuously and that's it 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's because I drink too much alcohol that I've begun to see these patterns :colondollar:
Original post by Pinkberry_y
It's because I drink too much alcohol that I've begun to see these patterns :colondollar:

I stick to vodka for some reason but still noticed nothing. Like I don't even get drunk which sucks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xobeauty
Different types of alcohol makes you feel a certain way, like tequila makes some people talkative, others make you angry,beer makes you sloppy, wine makes girls horny Ect..

Do certain alcoholic drinks bring out certain personalities in you ? I haven't drank since highschool so I can't remember for myself.

Different types of alcohol?
Ethanol (what we drink) will dehydrate you, and make yo drunk
Methanol will give you formaldehyde poisoning, and al the lovely effects that this causes (blindness, death etc.)
I dont honestly know about any others, but they all result in death in quantities that we wold normally drink (take a bottle of wine, replace the ethanol and drink it, you will die for one reason or another)
Drunk is drunk... mind you the psychology of how drunk people behave is generally how they *believe* they should behave.

So if you believe drunk people get horny, you're more likely to be horny. You think drunk people should be violent, you'll be more likely to be violent. I suppose that could extend to the specific drink you're drinking.
I just get very very talkative, starting conversations with literally anyone, whatever substance I've consumed. It's funny because I'm relatively withdrawn usually :lol:
My girl- friend gets horny when she drinks wine so she can't drink it.

Non sequitur.
It's all CH3CH2OH so it doesn't have different effects. It's as much rubbish as the other myth that mixing drinks is bad. Alcohol is the psychoactive substance which is mixed with non psychoactive substances such as water and sugars. The only exception is drinks with other psychoactive substances such as absinthe and drinks containing caffeine.

If you are comparing like for like ie the same number of units consumed then the only difference is as a result of hydration levels. Long drinks contain more water than short drinks but that isn't going to change alcohols effect much.
For some reason I get very sad when I drink vodka. Most of the times I end up crying.

On the other hand beer makes me an incredibly happy drunk.
Original post by Profesh
Non sequitur.

I never know what your saying.
I never know what your saying.

...sequitur.
Original post by Profesh
...sequitur.

???? What does that mean???

Quick Reply

Latest