The Student Room Group

Personal statement help for primary teacher training

Help!

I need to write a personal statement for primary teacher training (SCITT) and I need to give reasons about why I want to go down the route of teaching KS1 and KS2 instead of foundation and KS1. It obviously cant be negative.. and to be honest I am struggling with how to word it! How do you think it should be worded???
Original post by flopullon
Help!

I need to write a personal statement for primary teacher training (SCITT) and I need to give reasons about why I want to go down the route of teaching KS1 and KS2 instead of foundation and KS1. It obviously cant be negative.. and to be honest I am struggling with how to word it! How do you think it should be worded???

Don't feel that you need to necessarily mention the negatives about foundation, but focus on the positive reasons why you want to teach KS2. For example, there are likely some subjects or aspects which are only suited to KS2 children which I'm assuming you find interesting and you should therefore speak about those, focusing on the particular aspects related to that age group.*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending