The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan ?

Is it too late to apply now? :/
Reply 1
If you need it, and qualify for it then apply. You may not receive by the time you start but the sooner you apply, the sooner you'll receive it. Have you already applied for tuition fees?
You can apply up to 9 months after your course starts.
If you have applied for a maintenance loan for year one do you also have to have the loan for years 2 and 3?
Reply 4
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
If you have applied for a maintenance loan for year one do you also have to have the loan for years 2 and 3?

No. You reapply every year. If you find that you don't need the Maintenance Loan after getting it in year 1, then for years 2 and 3 you can just apply for the Tuition Fee Loan.
Reply 5
Original post by Wotcher
If you need it, and qualify for it then apply. You may not receive by the time you start but the sooner you apply, the sooner you'll receive it. Have you already applied for tuition fees?

Yes tuition fees are sorted - its just maintenance loan I am eligible for it but for some reason I didnt accept it :/

p.s just to make sure - on student finance it has the dates schedules for my uni from Welsh government grant and tuition fee loan, so it's counted in that I have applied for tuition fee loan? (cause I have a really bad memory and not sure if I had:/)
Reply 6
Original post by aladdin818
Yes tuition fees are sorted - its just maintenance loan I am eligible for it but for some reason I didnt accept it :/

p.s just to make sure - on student finance it has the dates schedules for my uni from Welsh government grant and tuition fee loan, so it's counted in that I have applied for tuition fee loan? (cause I have a really bad memory and not sure if I had:/)

I'm not sure how student finance Wales works, but you should have received some confirmation from them whether your application is approved. If your letter has the dates and amounts of the tuition fee payments scheduled for your university course, then I suspect you have, indeed, applied 😉
To satisfy yourself, ring or email them with your reference number.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending