The Student Room Group

Do I need English Lit and History for Law ( Russel group)

A Levels so far:

English Lit
Religious Studies.

Also considering History, Classical Civilissation, Politics, English Language, Psychology, Art History.

Which of these would be good?( need to pick 2)
strongest subjects? History and Psychology
Id say History and Politics
This all depends on how you feel about those subjects - chose your strongest ones since most courses don't require a specific subject at A-Levels.
I do English lit, history and class civ and I wanna apply for law, but you don't need specific subjects just pick whatever
Original post by Mayhem™
strongest subjects? History and Psychology

Original post by hxfsxh
Id say History and Politics

Original post by xSailorMoonQueen
This all depends on how you feel about those subjects - chose your strongest ones since most courses don't require a specific subject at A-Levels.

Original post by OddFuturez
I do English lit, history and class civ and I wanna apply for law, but you don't need specific subjects just pick whatever

Wouldn't history and politics together be a bit of overkill?

I was thinking
History and Class Civ
Or
Politics and Class Civ. Bare in mind I'd perhaps even want to apply to Oxbridge/ Durham/ LSE, and want the best chance possible
Reply 6
Original post by OriginalLifelin
Wouldn't history and politics together be a bit of overkill?

I was thinking
History and Class Civ
Or
Politics and Class Civ. Bare in mind I'd perhaps even want to apply to Oxbridge/ Durham/ LSE, and want the best chance possible

Class Civ is basically a mixture of History and Eng Lit so you might want to avoid taking all 3 unless you really love both those subjects. If you're thinking of Cambridge than Maths would definitely be a good idea.
Original post by Compost
Class Civ is basically a mixture of History and Eng Lit so you might want to avoid taking all 3 unless you really love both those subjects. If you're thinking of Cambridge than Maths would definitely be a good idea.

Maths is Satan for me. I love ancient history. Modern is okay.

Quick Reply

Latest