The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vyres
- Introduce yourself
Hello, I'm Daniel, and I'll be starting my first year of sixth form this year @ September which I'm pretty excited for.

- What are your hobbies and interests?
Well... All the usuals, playing games, going out with friends, but also game development, application development, website development and forums development are things that I love to do in my spare time.

- What subjects are you planning to take?
- Computing
- History
- Business Studies
Extra:
- OCA (Oracle Certified Associate Programmer I)

- Your favourite subject(s)?
Definitely computing/computer science. It's just always served as an
interest for me, so getting to study it at A-level seems to be an amazing opportunity which will hopefully be good fun.

Your ideal future occupation?

Well, I have a few: Database Administrator, Software Developer, Game Developer, Website Developer, Computer Engineer, Forums Administrator/Developer, VPS/Web Server Technician.

Suddenly makes sense why you found that Computing exam easy :rofl:
Reply 61
Original post by surina16
Suddenly makes sense why you found that Computing exam easy :rofl:

Hehehehehe :wink:. We definitely must remember to share our computing results on the 25th! I'd be interested to see what we both got :biggrin:
Original post by Vyres
Hehehehehe :wink:. We definitely must remember to share our computing results on the 25th! I'd be interested to see what we both got :biggrin:

Yeah definitely :biggrin: Although mine will be a complete surprise since my teacher wouldn't tell us our CA results :colonhash:
Hi! I'm Aiesha, 16 and I live in Solihull (near brum).
I love swimming and watching films and tv, especially Holby city and casualty😜💊.
I'm going to take French, Russian and psychology at a level.
Fave subject is French🇫🇷
I have no idea what I want to be when I'm older! I guess the main thing to progress to with a languages degree is teaching so maybe!🌻🙄
Original post by surina16
Wow, didn't realise there were so many people who wanted to do Medicine.

Yeah, quite a large percentage of TSR users a wannabe medical students

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi there! My name is Jeevan. I am 16 years old. Hobbies include the following: Animating, drawing and gaming. The subjects i am planning to take are Maths, Further maths, physics and computing (might do three though). My favourite subjects are maths, computing and physics. My future occupation: Hmmmmm. I have several but i have settled on an astronautical or aerospace engineer! Other occupations include software engineer, animator, game tester etc! Nice to meet you whoever read this or saw this! :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Maths: A
English Language: A
----------------
Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*
Physics: A
Geography: A*
PE: B*
(Currently in Remark - could change to A)
ICT: B

I will soon be studying the pathway of Biology, Chemistry and Geography ( with AS Critical Thinking)

My hobbies include YouTubing, music, and just researching super-curricular science (mainly Biology). (see my YT Channel RevisionWithAdam.

In the future, I hope to be a Dietitian, and likely go onto either lecturing/teaching in Nutrition/Biochemistry
(edited 7 years ago)
- Introduce yourself
Hello, my name's Chloe! My personality type is INFP and I actually can't think of anything else to say about myself :bigsmile:

If I'm honest, I actually just waste most of my time on the internet; memes and the likes, yknow? I read a lot, listen to a lot of music. . Nothing of any particular interest, really. Hoping to pick up on some sort of hobby at some point.

As of September, I'll (hopefully) be taking A Level Psychology, English Language and Film.

At GCSE, my favourite subject was probably Media studies; I really enjoyed some of the coursework tasks, and had a pretty genuine interest in most of the things we did.

- Your ideal future occupation?
I'd love to work in the film industry. Ideally, I'd like to be a camerawoman or something, but perhaps with the potential to become a film director or something!
Heya, my name's Maddie an I'm an INTJ :smile:

I read a lot (fanfiction, books, anything...), and I love listening to music and looking after my cats ;D

This September I'll hopefully be taking Biology, Chemistry, English Lit and History. And maybe a GCSE. I'm still not sure yet haha

I like the sciences because I find them interesting, though I'm not particularly gifted in them. I'd say probably my best subjects are humanities tbh xD

Hmm. I'd like to be a doctor but I'd also love to go into genetic research or microbiology. Either way I'll be in education for a very long time! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm Samantha (most people call me Sam though) and I'm 16, going to be starting college in September, and from near Manchester. ENTJ life n that 😊

I'm into history, reading and I enjoy watching/listening to musicals. I'm also keen on humanitarian aid but I, unfortunately, can't do all that much because 16 is a stupid age. I'm also super into science and attempting to understand the world that we live in because... Why wouldn't you want to know more?

Honestly, I'm waiting for Results Day before I make solid decisions about A Levels because I have no clue. Likelihood is though, I'll probably take: biology, chemistry, maths and further maths/physics/history (still don't have a clue). Who knows though? Life would be easier if someone could choose them for me, not going to lie.

My favourite subjects at GCSE... Probably biology, physics, maths, chemistry and history - in that order.

Ideal occupation? Don't have a clue. I have ridiculous inner turmoil over a more science-based career like biochemistry or something like anthropology (which kind of combines science and humanities). All I know at this point is that I'll definitely be taking a few years out at some stage to volunteer overseas.

Hope everyone gets the grades they want at results and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
- Introduce yourself
Hi, Im Shirley Dong from Hong Kong. I'm 16 and i will be in sixth form next week:smile:

Clarinet, Tennis

Math, Further Math, Physics and Chemistry. Im thinking of taking bio as my fifth but that will be a little bit too much for me?

math....(yea i know thats super weird

i hope i can do computer science in university and maybe work in computer relating fields in future :smile:
wow you are coming to hk later this year!
Im from hk and its so nice to see someone coming here 😂
The last paragraph makes it sound like I'm already one. I'm just another soon to be year twelv'er like you.
i know! make sure you check out those snacks selling on the streets! I promise you that they are reallyyyyyy good:smile:
Hello! I'm Hans, I'm 17 years old, and I live in Manchester. I'll be starting sixth form in September, and will be doing A-levels in English Literature, Mathematics, Sociology and Drama OR Psychology. My hobbies include travel, voice-acting, theatrical make-up, video editing, gaming, history, politics, and learning languages (I'm currently learning German and French on duolingo^^). In the future, I'd like to become a voice-actor, and so I'm hoping to do an Acting degree. I'm stressed about starting sixth form, seeing that many of my older friends have failed miserably.. But, well, we've got to work hard, because partying hard and fooling around won't give us bright futures ;-)

Hope we'll all become AS-friends together ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeahhh
hope you have a nice time in hk:smile:
I have already got my results from cie!
best of luck to you as well:smile:
Not really:frown: i got a B in english language
anyway I'm not doing taking eng lang in the future anymore:smile:
Hello!
I'm Jake and I'm from Worcester!
I'm starting Sixth Form in September and I'm hoping to be doing: Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Computer Science.

I'm a little nervous about my results because I need to pretty much get a B+ in everything, no exceptions.

Predicted:
English Lit: A*
English Lang: A
Mathematics: B
Computing: A*
Science: A
Geography: B/A
Business Studies: B
French: B (Dreading this one, really bad exam :P)

I'm mainly into Computing and enjoy coding and developing in my spare time, I also have a unique hobby of solving Rubiks Cubes (odd, i know)

I'm inbetween two career options right now, I love Computer Science and I'm very passionate about it, so I want to go into Cyber Security.

I'm also debating a medical profession, I'm working in a Pharmacy right now and it's really highlighted how much I love Medical Science and how a career in Medicine might be for me.

Looking forward to being more active on TSR and planning to join the Grow Your Grades threads in order to provide motivation to get through my hard A-Level options :P!

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
- Introduce yourself
Hi I'm Maya, you can probably tell by my awful username😡 I turned 16 in June and i live in the Midlands.

I'm a pretty dull person imo, but I have played keyboard for quite a few years and recently have been self teaching some piano-y stuff. I used to be really big on reading but that's kinda slowed down in the past few months as I've found the teen fiction type of books that I used to love become slightly boring to me, so I'm trying to find a new genre that excites me :smile: like any run of the mill teenager I spend most of my time watching Netflix and overeating :angry: I've got a part time job which has been getting me out the house a bit this summer- some how I've landed one selling pretty expensive watches on a pretty good wage, so I'm very happy about that!

Next year I'm taking biology, chemistry and maths and I may also take physics depending on my grade.

Scienceeeee!! I'm also pretty big on writing, used to be a pretty avid creating writer but haven't done much recently. I pretty much love any subject that is challenging but also makes me think a lot. Not an artsy or practical person in the slightest though- was forced to take GCSE PE along with the entire year group and my practical grade was awful:angry:

- Your ideal future occupation? :
Would love to be a doctor :u: But I've always got the back up plan of working in some sort of pathology lab as I did some work experience there last year and found it fascinating
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest